New York-Hudson Valley

Affordable, trustworthy seamstress in Westchester county

Hello,

I bought my wedding dress from David's Bridal website 2-3 months ago for around $230.
I am extremely excited that I got such a beautiful dress for an amazing price, but I do need alteration done because I am so tiny & nothing ever fits.... :(
I was lucky to grab size 0P, so I do not need to shorten the hem with my killer heels, but I do need the waist (side?) to be taken in, and I need to put a bustle.

After reading upon many reviews about DB horror stories, and my personal experience at the DB in Yonkers, I am debating about whether to take my dress to DB for alteration.

My goal is to spend less than $150 for alteration if possible (I would hate to spend more than the cost of my dress on alteration), and at this point, I feel like it's quite do-able since I only need (what it seems to me) minor changes.

Does anyone know a good, affordable and trustworthy seamstress in the Westchester county? Even Hudson Valley area would do (I go to Kingston, NY area often).

Any tips/heads-up/advice regarding taking the dress to DB for alteration would be wonderful as well.
If I do take the dress to a DB, I am thinking of going to the one in Spring Valley since I had better experience there than Yonkers.

Thank you!

Re: Affordable, trustworthy seamstress in Westchester county

• It's not Kingston or Westfchester but I have heard amazing things from Alsina Sewing in Fishkill. My friend bought her dress online and took it to Alsina Seeing for alterations. I don't know what her cost was and well that probably wouldn't tell you your cost since it depends on what is being changed.
    She was extremely happy and always refers people to Alsina Sewing. So my FMIL is getting her dress fitted there as well as my MOH. Good luck!

Ps I think she specializes in dresses.
  • I and several friends of mine have had alterations done for bridesmaids dresses at Gowns by Louise in the Bronx (Morris Park area)...they do bridal gowns as well and have tons of excellent reviews and they did beautiful work on all of our dresses for extremely reasonable prices
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards