I made this yesterday and it was amazing.  Thought I would share:

Apple cider Sangria

1 750 ml bottle of pinot grigio
2 1/2 cups apple cider
1/2 cup ginger brandy
1 cup club soda
3 honeycrisp apples chopped
3 pears chopped

I mixed everything but the soda and let it sit overnight.  Added the soda when I served it.  It has been requested for Christmas now too.  It was awesome.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Re: Apple cider sangria - you realllllly should try this

• That sounds delicious!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You don't have to pull my leg. I just put the ingredients on my shopping list :)
  • Sounds amazing!

My dad brought something to Thanksgiving dinner called "Apple Pie Moonshine" and was very secretive about how he made it.  I'm currently trying to ferret out the recipe online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'll have to try it when I go home for Christmas!
  • Ooo, I need that! Thanks!
  • I am not a sangria person but this sounds yummy
  • Oooh I have to try this. I mixed some apple cider and pinot grigio a few weeks ago on a whim, and it was pretty good - makes me think this will be fantastic :)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds amazing!

My dad brought something to Thanksgiving dinner called "Apple Pie Moonshine" and was very secretive about how he made it.  I'm currently trying to ferret out the recipe online.
    Did we go to the same thanksgiving party? The apple pie moonshine we tried had a Fireball-type flavor; I think it had candy Red Hots or maybe some Hot Damn in the recipe.

OP. . . That sounds awesome
  • I did a similar one for Thanksgiving but it was Apple Pie Sangria!! We used Caramel Vodka in place of the brandy, and 2 bottles of our favorite white wine, with the cider and club soda. It was a big hit and disappeared before dinner was even served!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    I did a similar one for Thanksgiving but it was Apple Pie Sangria!! We used Caramel Vodka in place of the brandy, and 2 bottles of our favorite white wine, with the cider and club soda. It was a big hit and disappeared before dinner was even served!!
    @tcnoble Thanks for the recipe!  I will definitely want to try that!  What were the proportions of each ingredient?
  • @kmmssg this is the recipe we used! http://www.thecookierookie.com/apple-pie-sangria/

We ended up adding I think 2 extra cups of cider, it was too caramel-y for our taste without the addition. We also let it sit overnight, added the cinnamon sticks in the morning, and then added the club soda right before serving. Next time I'll double it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards