February 2014 Weddings
Options

Anyone in cold weather climates have solution?

Hi,

Looking for a jacket/wrap/shawl kind of thing for over my wedding dress but I REALLY don't want fur or faux fur but DO need some warmth! Anyone find anything that might work?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone in cold weather climates have solution?

• Options
    I bought a bolero that coordinates with my wedding dress. I tried on the faux fur but it didn't go well with my dress. I plan on being inside most of the day so I figure it will be enough.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I purchased this from etsy. She is making me a purple shawl with New Orleans/Mardi Gras Stamped designs on it

• Options

I'm planning on just toughing it out since we won't be outside long. I may regret this decision, so we will see.

• Options
    foundmygent - thats actually what I wanted to do, I think you'll have so much adrenaline going it won't be that bad.  I told my fam I didn't want a shawl or anything, but you know how moms get; my aunt knitted me a shawl so now I have to wear it.  I'll still probably take some photos (or really most of my photos) without it - haha hopefully she won't be offended.
  • Options
    I'm just wearing a coat.  My normal everyday coat.  I figure for pictures I'm going to take it off anyways, but I'll have it nearby to put back on.  I'm not into the faux fur either, but I didn't feel like buying a whole new coat just for my wedding.  My current winter coat is pretty and fancy enough, so I guess this makes me more comfortable with this decision. 

• Options
    @GabbyBarks Haha, my mom will probably be like that too. Though she won't really realize I'm wearing a strapless dress in February until that day. I'm hoping the weather won't be too bad. 
  • Options
    I'm in Northern NY - there will be snow on the ground. I applaud you ladies for going with the "toughing it out" road, I am a wuss so I won't be doing that. I'm looking for a wrap or shawl as well. 

My wedding planner said to check out salvation army or good will stores. That's where she has said most of her winter brides find something to cover themselves up with. Sorry I wasn't much help. =( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No, actually I hadn't thought of that, thanks! I applaud you tough ones as well....I'm pretty good at handling the cold, but my skin isn't....I get bright red when I'm cold so trying to avoid that a bit!
  • Options
    I just plan on getting a nice ivory cardigan, No fuss, no frills. Won't be outside long, and with all the alcohol we are buying, I shouldn't feel a thing!
  • Options
    Ah alcohol, always a good solution. 

• Options
    I'm getting myself and my bridal party pashminas. Not the cheap acrylic ones you get at the mall, real cashmere/silk pashminas that actually keep you warm!
  • Options
    I may have changed my mind about my outer wear - I just finished a medieval cloak that I've been working on, and I may wear that to keep warm.  I might be a little cold with it, but it'll fit the medieval theme of my wedding a bit better, especially since my dress is pretty modern. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards