May 2014 Weddings
Options

Mini vent

edited November 2013 in May 2014 Weddings
2 weeks ago we sent "will you be our flower girl" cards to my FI's little sister and to our goddaughter. They're both local, so we knew they got the cards the next day. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, we called FI's dad. His response was "yeah, we got it. Sure." I contacted our goddaughter's mom and haven't heard back yet.

Am I wrong to be a bit upset by this? I know no one will ever be as excited about the wedding as I am, but wouldn't common courtesy be an aknowledgement at the very least?

Has anyone encountered sitiations like this?

Re: Mini vent

• Options
    I asked my bridal party in person so I didn't get that, but when I asked my ring bearer if he wanted to be in my wedding he said no he wanted to stay home and watch tv. He's 4. LOL 
    this is great!!! 

My ring bearer is 6.  I pretty much got the same reaction out of him.  Originally he said "I gotta think about it".  Then for a while he kept telling me that his friend Timmy up the street will do it.  Bc he already has a suit.  He finally heard about a chocolate fountain and was told her would get to ride in the limo so now he's a little more into it lol

OP-I'd be kinda annoyed.  Takes 2 seconds to call or even text and acknowledge that you received the card and what the answer is.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @FutureMrsN3312 - that is too funny. At least he was looking out for you and letting you know about other options who could fill in. LOL
  • Options
    Lol kids are too funny!

• Options
    I have had similar problems with family. Asked my cousin about having his daughter as our flower girl and he said he had to check the date of another wedding that he's in and he'd let me know. That was a week and a half ago. Its really frustrating, especially considering my mom is planning on making the dress and we really want to get that going soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards