Snarky Brides
Options

What do you wish for?

RedJacks25RedJacks25 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2013 in Snarky Brides
I wish for busy boards again. Things are boring now.

ETA: Also for world hunger to stop and peace and such. But right now, mainly just for the boards to be busy.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you wish for?

• Options
    I wish the economy was a little more stable.
  • Options
    Honestly, for my best friend to get a "real" job. She's been struggling since we got out of college. I mean she's always had a job as a contractor, but she's so unhappy and I would love to help her, but 3 years in the making I'm running out of ideas. She's been interviewing for FTEs with benefits and all that jazz, but nothing so far.

Any tips on how to be supportive?
  • Options
    huynhette said:
    Honestly, for my best friend to get a "real" job. She's been struggling since we got out of college. I mean she's always had a job as a contractor, but she's so unhappy and I would love to help her, but 3 years in the making I'm running out of ideas. She's been interviewing for FTEs with benefits and all that jazz, but nothing so far.

I bet she interviews poorly if she's had multiple interviews with no offer. Can you offer to mock-interview her? (Print off some standard interview questions from Google) 

Perhaps it is something as simple as she says "umm" a lot, or she doesn't make eye contact.

• Options
    itzMS said:
    huynhette said:

I bet she interviews poorly if she's had multiple interviews with no offer. Can you offer to mock-interview her? (Print off some standard interview questions from Google) 

Perhaps it is something as simple as she says "umm" a lot, or she doesn't make eye contact.

I've offered in the past and she hasn't taken me up on it. I have the same hunch that she doesn't interview well. Like she's never made it pass the first round anywhere. I think she lacks confidence and like the critical thinking skills to apply/relate what you are doing in one position to another.

But I don't want to be like pushy either nor do I want to be the one always critiquing or criticizing her you know?
  • Options
    I wish it was 2:55 p.m. on November 2. 

I also wish for unicorns that poop lavender scented rainbows, fluffy bunnies, world peace and the winning lottery numbers.
  • Options
    I wish my financial aid would come through for nursing school, I am so close to graduating debt-free!

I wish BF would not worry about buying a gun I can take to the range as much as a ring.

I wish it was perfect fall weather right now so I could wear this hoodie without getting hot flashes depending on whether I'm in the shade or not.

I wish BF's grandfather's health was much, much better.

I wish I could bring myself to eat something healthy for lunch today.
  • Options

I wish the next couple months go quickly becasue October 17 FI and I get our brand new house and November 16 we get married! I'm so excited that this Xmas will be our first holiday as newlyweds because Xmas is my favorite time of year!

I also wish I wasn't turning 30 on the 25th of this month... Can't I just be 25 forever??

• Options
    huynhette said:
    itzMS said:
    huynhette said:

I've offered in the past and she hasn't taken me up on it. I have the same hunch that she doesn't interview well. Like she's never made it pass the first round anywhere. I think she lacks confidence and like the critical thinking skills to apply/relate what you are doing in one position to another.

But I don't want to be like pushy either nor do I want to be the one always critiquing or criticizing her you know?

It's either you as her best friend are a little critical, while it is seemingly a harsh approach, leads to her getting a job. Or, she continues to waste her time at interviews making a poor impression.

Does your local community college offer a job interviewing class you could take together? Perhaps even a public speaking or career building class.

Practice makes perfect when it comes to interviews!

• Options

I wish I could magically find a home for my former cat. She lives with my ex, and he won't keep her anymore due to some behavioral issues she has. I can't take her in, because my husband and his youngest both have pretty severe allergies. She's going to be nearly impossible to place.

Lots of anger and frustration for me right now.

• Options
    I wish it was 5:30 so I could go home.

I also wish that I would one day lift up my couch to vacuum under it only to find a winning lottery ticket worth $50M.  Needless to say I would A) no longer be working and B) would never have to vacuum my house myself again.

• Options

I wish I would start looking pregnant, not just fat.

I also wsh our house would sell (for more than asking price!)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wish DH's business would get more business. We just moved halfway across the country due to a job offer I received. DH was miserable at his old job, so we thought this move would be good for him since it would give him the opportunity to start his own small business. 

We've been here a little over a month and he's already started getting some customers and some traction in the local market, but he's really frustrated that he isn't able to contribute more to our household expenses. I feel guilty because the move was made for my job, and even though he hated his old job, he was making decent money doing it. I want him to be happy and to be able to do something that he loves. I just hope business picks up soon so that he doesn't continue feeling down.
  • Options
    I wish I had more clients. It's really hard starting out in a new career.

Anniversary

• Options
    I wish I had obscene amounts of money so I could plan my wedding without worrying about it and buy a nice house.  I wish I could get a Newfoundland dog (too busy with school right now and apartment doesn't allow dogs).  I wish there weren't prerequisites so I could finish my schooling faster.  I wish there were more holidays (similar to Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving) that people actually celebrate.  And, of course, I wish for world hunger to end, cancer and all other terrible diseases to be cured, hate and discrimination to no longer exist, world peace, animals to no longer be tested on, deforestation to stop, and the populations of lions and endangered species to increase.  
  • Options
    WISHES! 

I wish I had 50 million dollars. If that can't happen, I wish I could start to enjoy working out again. I'm so much freaking happier when I work out, but I hate it right now and am not doing it. I also wish FI had more vacation days and that life could be just a titch more fair. 
  • Options
    I was going to make lots of wishes but one would fix it it all.  Money.  I wish I had an unlimited supply of money.  I swear I'll do good with it.
  • Options
    I wish it was Friday. I wish our backyard didn't look like a hot mess from our drainage project. I wish I had a new buick encore sitting in my driveway (that car is so damn cute). I wish I was brave enough to cut my hair super short and dye it super dark brown. I wish I had remembered to eat breakfast this morning and wasn't lazy enough to not just walk down to the cafeteria and get something. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    KatWAG said:

@katWAG, is this your first?

Took me 24 weeks to get past the "fat or pregnant" look. Now I am 26 weeks and huge.

Good luck with everything!

• Options
    Today I am wishing for a large, Dairy Queen soft serve, dipped in butterscotch.
  • Options
    itzMS said:
    KatWAG said:

@katWAG, is this your first?

Took me 24 weeks to get past the "fat or pregnant" look. Now I am 26 weeks and huge.

Good luck with everything!

@itzMS Yes it is our first! I am really excited but nervous at the same time. I am due on my birthday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

congrats @KatWAG!!!

I wish that my cats would shit gold. Then, I wouldn't mind cleaning out their litter box (or I could hire someone to do it!)

• Options
    I wish I would have planned the wedding I wanted and not the wedding that made everyone else happy. I wish I made more money b/c I love my job do not love the pay. I wish I could take the adorable kitten I rescued home, but alas renting sucks. I wish I could loose 20lbs but still eat cookies like no ones business. And I wish that this FI of mine ends up successful and happy married to the type A personality that I am.

But if someone was passing around free money I'd wish for that too :)
  • Options
    harsher punishment for parole violators stan............and world peace
  • Options
    I wish my H didn't work nights and was home right now.

I wish I could have a lazy day tomorrow instead of tomorrow being my busiest day of the week.
  • Options
    harsher punishment for parole violators stan............and world peace
  • Options
    Can I play even though the thread is oldish?

I wish I had a job I was excited to go to every morning. And that my fiancé did too.

I wish I had a brilliant idea for a best selling young adult series.

I wish cheese had zero calories.

I wish I could teleport so I could visit my little bro in CA for lunch, my friends in Boston for dinner, and Paris for dessert.

I wish I were prettier and more confident.

I wish I had a hot tub and a fireplace. brrr!
  • Options
    If cheese had no calories I would be so much thinner.

I wish my dress would come in so I could stop freaking out about whether it will fit.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I wish all the idiots in the world would just vanish, and Money lots and lots of money.
  • Options

I wish that my aunts cancer would disappear and I pray we have more than 3 months with her <3

Aside from that being my number 1 wish, I wish we didn't live pay check to paycheck, I wish I could help my hubby get the truck that he wants, I wish the settlement for his accident would hurry up so all this could be taken care of, I wish I felt better about myself and would get off my lazy butt to do something about it. I wish the world would straighten up so I'd feel better about where my kids and future grandkids will be, I wish I could find something to do for me so I could have a little bit of me and not just be a wife, mother, and student.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards