Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals Grande Antigua Room

My fiance and I were thinking about the Sandals Grande Antigua Garden of Rondoval with private plunge pool room for our HM.  The website says there is a full spa bath---what do they mean? We had wanted a roman tub or jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower...Also, were these nice rooms? 

Re: Sandals Grande Antigua Room

• Options
    Not too sure on the Roman / Jacuzzi tub. But I could check with Matthew Cornall (Hotel Manager) or Ezra Knowles (Sales Manager) down at Antigua.

The Rondoval Suites are very nice - probably one of their most popular for a honeymoon - very private!

Cheers - Mark

• Options
    Could you find out for me? Thank you.
  • Options
    We stayed in the same room last year, and the tub is not big at all.  It's a shallow, oblong shaped tub.  There's *probably* room for two in there, but not deep and definitely no jets.  If you want the nice tubs, you have to stay on the Med side.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    I would HIGHLY discourage you from going to Sandals Antigua, as well as staying in a rondoval.  Our rondoval was burglarized while we were on our honeymoon.  The whole trip was horrible.  I will post a rather lengthy report of the whole ordeal.  I encourage you to read the travel reviews about Sandals Antigua and see that people often complain about the same things.  The management staff is terrible, rude, and completely unhelpful.   The rondovals themselves are not updated, there are roaches and flies all over the beds, the pools are dirty and are missing the drain screens, there is no security or cameras and the staff goes in and out as they please (whether you are 'decent' or not) with the old room keys so no way to verify who enters your room without your knowledge.  The tub is not very big and our's leaked.  The shower curtain was missing half of the hooks to hang it, so it just drooped.  It was a joke for being a 5 star resort.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-grande-antigua-room?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:7d3c9fe1-e74b-41fe-a7dd-6b96e4305cf4Post:0335ec87-cf54-41be-b7f5-4aff20f45b10">Re: Sandals Grande Antigua Room</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would HIGHLY discourage you from going to Sandals Antigua, as well as staying in a rondoval.  Our rondoval was burglarized while we were on our honeymoon.  The whole trip was horrible.  I will post a rather lengthy report of the whole ordeal.  I encourage you to read the travel reviews about Sandals Antigua and see that people often complain about the same things.  The management staff is terrible, rude, and completely unhelpful.   The rondovals themselves are not updated, there are roaches and flies all over the beds, the pools are dirty and are missing the drain screens, there is no security or cameras and the staff goes in and out as they please (whether you are 'decent' or not) with the old room keys so no way to verify who enters your room without your knowledge.  The tub is not very big and our's leaked.  The shower curtain was missing half of the hooks to hang it, so it just drooped.  It was a joke for being a 5 star resort.
    Posted by Cornflakes0605[/QUOTE]

Please post the full review and pics of the roaches all over the beds.  I'm guessing you had a bad experience for some reason but not going to give a lot of weight to a one-post account with exaggerated claims.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards