Chit Chat
Options

Stolen package?

Anyone have any experience with a package being stolen after it was delivered? I ordered some things online and according to UPS, it was delivered yesterday to my dad's house (can't get mail where I live - apt on a B&B so the landlord says we can't have mail delivered there). Checked with my dad today and he said that nothing came. I've never had this happen and I'm not sure if I have any recourse (probably not). Anyone have this happen and know if there's anything I can do about it? It was essentially a birthday gift - my grandmother gave my money for my birthday and I ordered myself some stuff on Thanksgiving. Hope whomever took it enjoys black jeggings and a bunch of underwear!

Re: Stolen package?

• Options
    Wow, that really sucks.  My mom had a package stolen off her doorstep once.  She called UPS and the company.  The company re-sent it but now she has to sign for every single package.  I'm not sure that UPS can do anything directly, but I would 1) call UPS to put a complaint on file, then 2) call the company and ask them to send the order again.  It can't hurt to ask.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Call the company. 99.9% of the time they will reship.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I ordered a package once that never came. I just called the company and they shipped a new one. Very easy, but come to think of it, I think my packages from QVC need a signature now too - they always go to my apartment's office instead of my front door. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I used to work in customer service for an online retailer this happens a lot and most of the time it's pretty painless to get it reshipped. Only time anyone in my department would refuse to reship was if it was a customer who had called for this reason numerous times. They were either committing fraud or were the unluckiest people ever. 

• Options
    I ordered my mom a birthday gift a few years ago and it was stolen off my porch. I called the place I ordered it from and they resent it.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your package was stolen.

Here in SA we have to sign for everything, whether it's delivered to the door or has to be collected from the post office. Everything gets a signature. Stuff still goes missing, but usually between depots, seeing as they can't claim it was delivered if there's no signature.

My mom works at a university, in one tiny department of the university, and their department ordered some software. 2 weeks after it was supposed to arrive, she called the company and asked why they hadn't gotten their order (it was several thousand rands worth of stuff). The company said they'd follow up with the courier and get back to her. They eventually sent her a scanned copy of the waybill. The idiot couriers had just stopped the first person on campus who looked like they worked there, and made them sign for it. The package was sitting in the janitorial office, despite the fact that it had the exact office number on it.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options

Call UPS for sure. Also call the retailer.

I ordered a 90 lb. safe from Amazon a few years ago. UPS said it was delivered, but my H was home and no one ever knocked on the door. So either UPS lost it and said it was delivered or someone stole the safe off of our doorstep. UPS basically said there was nothing they could do, but Amazon promptly sent another safe by FedEx.

• Options

OP, yell at UPS. Those guys in fact will outsource depending on where you live.

My mom is a quilter, and made new quilts for my nieces. (She's an artist, really, these quilts were beautiful and not cheap to make). She shipped them via UPS with tracking and everything. Quilts were supposed to arrive Thursday, were listed as having arrived, but upon talking to my BIL that evening (around 6 pm in CA), he said they had not arrived and no one had rung the door all day (he's a stay at hom dad).

Mom called up, asked wth was going on, found out about the outsourcing, and raised a shitstorm over them listing an insured package as delivered when it wasn't. When BIL got up to get the newspaper at 7:30 the next morning, package was on the doorstep, no bells rung, nothing.

We now refuse to voluntarily use UPS.

• Options
    Such a bummer. This is an ongoing problem in my neighborhood (which is a nice neighborhood, down the street from a not-so-nice part of town), so yes, it does happen. The seller and shipper really aren't at fault if the package was delivered correctly. In the future, maybe see if any local businesses offer a package holding service? Sorry this happened :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Could it have been delivered to the wrong address? In our area, UPS drops everything off at the post office, and then the package comes with your regular mail. This would be fine if our post office was actually capable of delivering mail or packages to the right address. I get stuff marked "delivered" all the time that doesn't show up for another day or two - I'm pretty sure it goes to a neighbors house, then they bring it to us, since we get other people's mail all the time.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going to call the store's customer service line today and try to get a new package AND require a signature this time. Usually UPS will just drop packages I order off at the post office and our mail carrier is GREAT but this time it said it wasn't going to be transferred and delivered directly by UPS - lo and behold, nothing was delivered. FI said from now on to just have my stuff shipped to his work address so I won't have to worry about this happening again.
  • Options
    I've never had a package stolen yet, but extremely worried about it to the point I watch my tracking, as soon as it says delivered I go home and get it.. no joke, doing that today with weave poles for my dogs. Luckily, I only live 10-15 minutes away and my job doesn't mind.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards