Just Engaged and Proposals

I'm Officially Engaged!!

Although we had been talking about what we wanted our wedding to be for months, we got "officially" engaged on Thanksgiving, 2013. I knew it was going to happen that day but I didn't know how or when and I was SO nervous. We went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving supper and I had a feeling that was when it was going to happen.

Aaron asked me to come outside with him and his son, and I knew our moment was finally here, with 20 of my closest relatives just inside the house. He brought be to the memorial garden area dedicated to my son who passed four years ago, and I was instantly in (happy) tears. He proceeded to tell me that there's was no other way he could propose than with both his son and my son by our sides. He told me that he wants my son to know how much he loves both him and I and how he promised, to my son, that he would always take care of me and love me; he told me that even though my son isn't here, he would always be a part of our family.

He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, revealing the most beautiful diamond ring I have ever seen. I instantly said yes, threw my arms around him, and cried the happiest tears I've ever experienced.

One of the pictures I've attached is a better picture of the diamond, the other is a great picture of the band. :D

Re: I'm Officially Engaged!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards