Snarky Brides
Options

I killed a lot of time today...

On this tumblr of bad engagement photos. (Sorry if this has been posted before; I tried a search but too many usual engagement photo question posts came up!)

To be fair, some look like they could have been cute or nice but the photo was a "b-side" and the couple just looked awkward for that one. But it definitely highlights everything that's overdone: heart hands, chalk signs, railroads, furniture-in-field, the overtly seductive... And the commentary is very funny too!

I'll admit that we have a few with me kicking my leg up! I also agree with the author of the tumblr that something is very wrong with the poses of the groom standing with the bride hanging onto his leg. Very odd....

Enjoy :)

Re: I killed a lot of time today...

• Options
    Awesome. I can't pick a favorite.
  • Options
    OMG. Those were hiLARious! Thanks for sharing!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I'm sitting here missing my husband who's been away working for four days and feeling down and then I click this thread.

Not down anymore!!  I just clicked through all 24 pages and laughed so hard!

Also, just FYI to any newly engaged folks, it's technically illegal to take photos on train tracks.
  • Options
    One of my friends posted this last night on FB and I about died laughing. So much awfulness!
  • Options
    haha I have friends who are getting married like 3 weeks before me and they just did their E photos and their are like 150 of them...and they all look like this....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Have to admit, there will be heart-hands in my E-photos, because I do it IRL all the time to my FI and my friends. But the umbrellas confuse me... are you making out so sloppily that it will scar the children?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Those were hilarious. I'm sad that there's only 24 pages.
  • Options
    I think my fave was the chick in the see through shirt with no bra and her hubby to be in the style of tank top I wore in the late 90s when I was 12...
  • Options

Also, just FYI to any newly engaged folks, it's technically illegal to take photos on train tracks.
    @lovesclimbing, is it really? I had no idea. Is it your state's law or federal law? Very interesting. I took its popularity as a metaphor for "traveling into the future" together or "a journey" or other such nonsense. 

• Options

@lovesclimbing, is it really? I had no idea. Is it your state's law or federal law? Very interesting. I took its popularity as a metaphor for "traveling into the future" together or "a journey" or other such nonsense. 
    @thisismynickname, it's not an explicit law.  It's trespassing.  Railroad property is private property.  Most railroads frown on trespassing especially on the tracks, or have their own police that enforce keeping people from doing anything on the tracks, because people can get hit if they're not paying attention.  Police can ticket you if they see you on the tracks doing anything.

Amtrak and Union Pacific, two of the biggest, both have links about photographers on their site that say you can't photograph on train tracks.
  • Options
    Also, if you guys want to seem more bad photos.  Here's a link.

• Options
    @lovesclimbing thanks, learn something new every day!

• Options
    I love the "nothing says class like stapled hemlines" hahahah
  • Options

@thisismynickname, it's not an explicit law.  It's trespassing.  Railroad property is private property.  Most railroads frown on trespassing especially on the tracks, or have their own police that enforce keeping people from doing anything on the tracks, because people can get hit if they're not paying attention.  Police can ticket you if they see you on the tracks doing anything.

Amtrak and Union Pacific, two of the biggest, both have links about photographers on their site that say you can't photograph on train tracks.
    This is very true.  My FI works for CN rail (track foreman) and each of the Canadian companies (CN and CP) have their own police.  Everything from trespassing to blocking track, vandalism.  You name it.  And yes, they lay valid charges.  However, since our lives to literally revolve around the railroad, you bet we will be doing our photos at the track...I know for most it's cheesy, but for us the railroad is real life.  We eat, sleep, and breathe the lifestyle - and for anyone who knows railroaders you'll understand it is truly a lifestyle
  • Options
    Loved this! I just picked up our E-pics yesterday and am very happy that they are far from this! My photog snuck in a little chalkboard and a random suitcase (I was like, are we taking a trip??), and they made for some cute novelty shots but  the rest are (thankfully) very well done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hilarious, the commentary was fun
  • Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Page 14 - the shower photo (red dress). Is this popular nowadays or something?!?!
    Page 18 - the floating balloon/hamster balls in the pool....ummm what & WHY?
    Page 19 - had quite a few ones that I would consider risque....I hope these couples didn't post those pics and make them "public" for everyone to view.!

Pahe 20 - the 9 year old and older woman. Yeah they didn't think that one through very well...
    Page 22 - G lifting back of B dress and showing her heels and garter. Just ew.
    Page 22 - Batman...seriously?!? Really?!?
    Page 23 - legs sticking out of the bushes...*facepalm*
    Page 24 - the leg hitching one at the top. W.T.F??? That just looks so frickin awkward and WEIRD!!!

I just....what the hell?!?? Most of the reason why the photos were funny for me were the comments xD

About the train tracks...didn't know it was illegal, I just knew this was "popular" for engagement photos but....I came across a photo for a woman who was celebrating her pregnancy. She was laying across the tracks!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:
    About the train tracks...didn't know it was illegal, I just knew this was "popular" for engagement photos but....I came across a photo for a woman who was celebrating her pregnancy. She was laying across the tracks!!!

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!
  • Options
    The comments on some of these are just too much.. "The couple that takes photos with oranges, stays together." HAHA like WHY did some of these pictures even seem like a good idea?!?? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!
    Here ya go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    I absolutely love this website, I laughed out loud looking at so many.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah apparently it's quite popular with any kind of photo shoots. Pregnancy, family, engagement, wedding, etc. >.> I can understand if it's a train track that is no longer used but seriously....why is this a good idea?!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome... thanks for posting!
  • Options
    oh man these are great!! I'm going to send to my friend  because she's a photographer and she does TONS of the furniture in field thing! hahaah

• Options
    elBecko said:
    My photographer took one of FI and I that looks like this one:

except we have serious faces and are looking off into the distance "romantically". It is hilarious and looks like the cover of a terrible romance novel.
    LOL- looking off into the distance is something I definitely wanted to avoid with ours- because it does look like a romance novel, you're right! Some friends of mine have really great pictures overall but those distance-staring shots are in the mix.  Is it a metaphor for looking into your future together or something?  I always wonder what the hell people are staring at! :)

• Options
    I can't... I don't even know... WHY?!
  • Options
    vollebell said:
    It's all fun and games until you see a bridesmaids labia...

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    debmonn said:
    vollebell said:
    I just spit my tea out I was laughing so hard.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    debmonn said:
    vollebell said:
    I just spit my tea out I was laughing so hard.
    Why, thank you very much

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards