Iowa-Des Moines

MiniDJ?

Has anyone rented the DIY miniDJ? My FI and I are considering it but the website has very little information about the equipment itself - other than being the best professional equipment. Just want to know what its like to use and if its worth it. We can rent basic equipment for around the same price but this comes with the music too so that could be a big plus.

Re: MiniDJ?

• I am not sure about the details of the product, but I recently went to wedding where they used it and it was a disaster. The father of the bride ended up being the emcee, which he later told me he hated doing because it cost him time to enjoy the event. Entrances were missed and a few songs were cut off halfway through for no apparent reason. The bride was beside herself.

Up until this wedding, we were considering using the service to save some $$$. It didn't occur to me until then that part of what you pay for in a real DJ is someone to control the flow of the event and change music styles based on the crowd's mood. They are pros and have done it before, so it puts your mind at ease. I rec Des Moines Best DJ...Dennis will help you!

• @drmrs2014 thanks for the info! That does sound pretty awful! We're probably not going to go with a DJ just for cost reasons. Our budget is super tight. Plus we're having a dry reception so we aren't expecting a big party anyway. Just need music for dinner and then for the first dance and father daughter dance. And we know someone that DJ's as a hobby so we're considering asking them to just manage the music for us, nothing major there. Even if that doesn't work out, we're looking at using spotify or something similar to create a playlist that will just go through the entire night. I've looked at some less expensive DJ's in the area but its still more than we really want to spend. Even the miniDJ was a little pricey when we can rent the equipment for half that cost!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards