Wedding Party

Bridal Party Introduction - Songs?

I was given a sheet by our DJ to fill out so he knows who is who, etc.  We have our wedding party set and have the line up pretty much figured out.  Our DJ has asked that we provide him with the list and possible songs by January 5th so that he can make sure he has everything we request (song wise) in time for our wedding.  He said that if we change anything, we can do so and let him know at least 2 weeks before the wedding.  Ok fine.

So, in the process of filling this out, it asks for the what songs we would like the bridal party to be introduced to (individual or group).  I'm having a hard time trying to figure it out.  Should I ask the BP or just pick song(s) that I feel would fit them?  

Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Bridal Party Introduction - Songs?

• We actually didn't have our WP introduced. After we took WP photos, they went up to cocktail hour and we got introduced when we joined 20 minutes later. I've noticed at many of the weddings I've been in the last couple years that it's just the B&G that get introduced. 

If you want to introduce them, think about the vibe you want for the wedding and use a song that fits it. I think a lot of times the guests take cues from the B&G and the WP on whether it's a party atmosphere. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I used just one song for our WP entrance.  "Hot, Hot, Hot" by Buster Poindexter.  It's the song that always plays right before Jimmy Buffett comes on stage.  So to me, it means the party is about to start!  Don't overthink this.  Just a month and a half ago, I walked out as MOH at my sister's wedding and I can't even remember what song that was!
  • We're all walking in to Boogie Shoes by KC & The Sunshine Band. My FI loves that song and I think it's pretty perfect. 
  • We are all going to come out to Apache by the Sugar Hill Gang since it is my best friends favorite song.  The other hoice was Sandstorm but our friends recently used it for their WP entrance so we decided to just play that at some point later on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards