Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement party or save the date time line

Got engaged in October! We aren't planning to get married until July 2015 in Punta Cana.. My bridal party I.e. Sisters want to throw a engagement party this summer around the end of July or the beginning of August . The problem is because we are doing a destination wedding I would like to get the information out at the beginning of June so people can start paying ASAP so can I do a save the date before a engagement party?

Re: Engagement party or save the date time line

• Etiquette on engagement parties is to have them no more than 3 months after you get engaged and anyone invited to the engagement party needs to get an invitation to the wedding. It'll be way too late if you throw one in July/June. What if your sisters threw you a shower instead? It'd be too early to do that in June/July '14, but they could plan one for later. 

Save the Dates can be sent out as far as 10 months in advance. 
    *********************************************************************************

• KatWAGKatWAG Chicago member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Ditto to Southern. Also, remember that only people who are invited to the wedding can be invited to pre-wedding parties.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards