Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Professional Videography Alternative?

Hi ladies,

I've also posted this on my local board... I'm getting married May 2014, and my FI and I have been on the fence for months about whether we should spend the money on videography. We both want a video, but can't justify the expense of professional videography. Most vendors in my area quoted me up to $2000, which just doesn't seem worth it. However, I would like *something* for us to remember our day by. So... ideas? I'm contemplating using Story Mix Media to get some of those flip cameras for guests to use, or maybe hiring someone to simply man a tripod at the ceremony.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
imageimage">

Re: Professional Videography Alternative?

• Options
    CHeck with colleges in your area and see if you can find a film student. I love my video and paid in the range you suggested - no regrets on dropping the money on something I can treasure forever :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    The prices in my area are also high, but I was able to get some videographers to negotiate down to just shooting the ceremony- that to me was most important- which really affected the price. Or you can take your chances and do what we ended up doing (though not by choice, it was circumstantial)- we asked a well-known guy we were pretty sure would be booked less than a month away, and he was, but he in turn recommended us to someone who had assisted him for years and thus had a similar style, but was just starting a company and so was far more affordable. That's one way to find those hidden gems that aren't all over wedding sites and google yet (but of course, you take a chance that you don't necessarily get lucky). Hope you find someone, I really felt it was worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards