Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Good wedding website for online RSVPs?

I know not everyone on The Knot is a fan of online RSVPs, but we have several reasons for doing them. Can anyone recommend a wedding website that is also good for guest RSVPs?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good wedding website for online RSVPs?

• Options
    Can you just have people call or email instead? The websites seem like they are always not working. 

I would still recommend regular paper RSVPs. 
  • Options
    I want to do online for several reasons.
    1) I'm doing plated meals, and don't want to have to call a family of 6 after they RSVP to find out who wanted chicken and who wanted beef.
    2) Postage and what not adds up, my budget is very very tight and I've already made way more cuts than I would have liked
    3) I don't want people adding guests on

I'd like a wedding site with the RSVP incorporated please. I get they aren't for everyone, but they are for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. You're supposed to put meal choices on the RSVP card. Most people are used to seeing that. 

2. You can do RSVP postcards for super cheap. 

3. Fill in the RSVP's for your guests and they wont add people in. 

4. In my experience, online RSVP's are very poorly received and my guess is that you'll end up calling people anyway. 

Why not put an email or a phone number on there instead? I think that's WAY better than an online site. 
  • Options
    I am also including a phone number.

I get that the choices go on the RSVP card, but when you get a response of 2 chicken and 4 beef, how are you suppose to know who in the family ordered what without having to call them?

I have gotten online RSVPs for weddings several times and I never thought twice about it. How is an e-mail any better than a website?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know of any websites but we're going to set up a separate email account for online RSVPs.
  • Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    CrystaH11 said:
    I am also including a phone number.

I get that the choices go on the RSVP card, but when you get a response of 2 chicken and 4 beef, how are you suppose to know who in the family ordered what without having to call them?

I have gotten online RSVPs for weddings several times and I never thought twice about it. How is an e-mail any better than a website?

We have reserved ____ seats in your honor

__Accepts with pleasure 
    __Must decline with regret

Name ___________________ 
    chicken / beef / vegetarian (circle one)

Name ___________________ 
    chicken / beef / vegetarian (circle one)

I'm just saying that online RSVPs don't go over well - nor do emails really, I think. Older folk don't like them. I'm 24 and don't like them. They are much more of a hassle than writing my name, checking a box, and putting a pre-stamped card in a mailbox. I'm not trying to say you have a bad idea, I'm just saying that I think online RSVPs wont save you any hassle and might in fact create more. 
  • Options
    Also, I AM doing the online RSVP, you don't have to like it, and since most of my guests are younger and tech-savvy, and my wedding isn't super formal and traditional in the first place, I am fine with this option. This is the only website of all the wedding websites I use that seems to think online RSVPs are tacky or rude. 

I just need website ideas from people who have done it, thats it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have many families with 5+ people, they will not all fit on a regular sized RSVP card
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah we're trying to save paper so we're only send RSVP cards to older relatives, like our grandparents and my great grandmother. Most of our guest said they'd prefer to RSVP via email anyway. I think it just depends on your guest. Honestly I think with the advances in technology and the fact that we turning into an increasingly paperless society that we will be seeing less and less paper invites and thank you notes.
  • Options
    I will send hand written thank you notes, but $100 in postage or more just for invites and RSVPs seems absurd when I'm already on a super tight, low, budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll send hand written thank you cards too. It was just a general observation on my part. Even though I did get an email thank you note from my cousin when she had a baby and it was super sweet. She wait until after the baby was born and took pictures if the baby using or wearing the stuff everyone had given her and emailed it to the gift giver.
  • Options
    Wedding Wire RSVP works great, I haven't seen any complaints from other members. I tested it out once and it sends you out an email and updates your guest list.
  • Options
    I ended up going with WeddingWire :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a friend that used weddingwire and said it works great, and that's what we are using.
  • Options
    HMAmara said:
    Wedding Wire RSVP works great, I haven't seen any complaints from other members. I tested it out once and it sends you out an email and updates your guest list.
    Agreed.  WeddingWire has been flawless thus far.  About 1/3 of our guests rsvp'ed when they got our Save the Dates (our international guests who know if they are coming/not).  Zero problems/issues.  Most of these people are over 50 years old too. Our aunt (70-something) really liked how she could write a little note to us, and enjoyed reading everyone else's well wishes.

A phone number should be included on the rsvp card/invitation as well in case people don't want to/can't use the website.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CrystaH11CrystaH11 member
    First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Does this wording work for the insert/RSVP?

R.S.V.P.
    We have reserved ___ seats in your honor
    Please R.S.V.P. by June 20, 2014

via

website

or

phone #

Reception to take place at

The Great Hall
    City, State

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    CrystaH11 said:
    Does this wording work for the insert/RSVP?

R.S.V.P.
    We have reserved ___ seats in your honor
    Please R.S.V.P. by June 20, 2014

via

website

or

phone #

Reception to take place at

The Great Hall
    City, State

Nice!

You should change "Please RSVP" to "Please reply (or respond)" since RSVP means please reply--you don’t need a double please :-) 

Is your reception at a different location? If not, you can add "Reception to follow" directly on the invite -no location needed. If it is, you should note the time here as well as location.

If the phone number isn't you, you should note who they are calling:
    e.g., ###-#### [Mother of the bride]

You may also want to note accommodations/directions if not on a different insert, or state they are available on the website.

Also, since you are going with weddingwire, I recommend the setting of having guests only entering their last name. That will save any trouble with formal vs. nickname/shortened first names (e.g., You enter the guest as "Steven Smith", that guest types in Steve Smith" --it won't come up with the first and last name setting--hopefully that made sense).  And on the RSVP page remind them to do it for each guest. Pretty easy, none of my guests so far have had any issues.  
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there,

Please visit 123weddingcards.com site. Trust me you problem will be solved.
    @KnotPorscha, seems like a vendor?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weddingwire RSVP users - how customizable were the responses?  I've heard good things about weddingwire's rsvp function, but would like to add some additional questions such as a song request, if the guest anticipates needing a hotel room, and how much they typically drink.  Is that possible through weddingwire?
  • Options

Weddingwire RSVP users - how customizable were the responses?  I've heard good things about weddingwire's rsvp function, but would like to add some additional questions such as a song request, if the guest anticipates needing a hotel room, and how much they typically drink.  Is that possible through weddingwire?

It is in no way appropriate to ask guests how much they drink! That will hopefully not be an option anywhere.

• Options
    I am currently using weddingwire and my guests have started RSVPing for it. It is very customizable, so you can ask for song requests. However I agree that you shouldn't ask how much they drink. Just try to go to a place for your alcohol that will let you return unopened products.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am using RSVPify.com

It is awesome! I couldn't recommend it enough. If you pay a little extra to upgrade it lets you create your seating chart as well. So far we have only gotten 30 RSVPs (only sent the invites out last week) but everyone has said it was super easy to use. 
  • Options
    You can create your seating chart for free on Weddingwire. Everything I could possibly need has been free through them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards