Chit Chat
Options

The ultimate Bridezilla

Monica from Friends. I was watching an episode tonight and Rachel and Phoebe were trying to decide who should be Monica's MOH since she left it up to them. Eventually it is decided that Rachel would be. They tell Monica and she goes "this is awesome I have so many specific ideas. We should get together about 4 times a week to plan". I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that.

Re: The ultimate Bridezilla

• Options
    @jdluvr06

Yeah I remember that episode. It was funny as hell when I saw it. At least that's only TV. It's not so funny when it happens in real life. :)
  • Options
    Another weird TV bride: Lily from HIMYM.  I adore that show and they are usually so good with continuity-- but she had like four bridesmaids, whom we never see again after the wedding episode.  Lily, I don't think these are ladies you'd call at 3am...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @JCBride2014

I don't think I saw that episode. But I have seen that show and I can see her character doing that. Lol.
  • Options
    @JCbride I haven't seen that one but I can't say I'm surprised. Lol. Lily cracks me up. I'm sad that this is the last season.
  • Options
    I know, I'll miss it too-- I'm going into withdrawal already.  I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming spinoff... it's a great show, but at a certain point it's time to end and the show shouldn't be dragged out any more.  Of course, we all know I'll end up watching.

@jdluvr06: what does your screen name mean?  Are you a lawyer who loves her JD?  Current law student here (obviously, procrastinating studying/ taking a break at the end of a long day).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Actually the JD are the first initials of my two nephews first names. The luvr part is something that my older nephew thought was cool. The 06 is the year the first one was born. Lol. I let him pick my screen name. I thought it was pretty clever for a six year old.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    Monica from Friends. I was watching an episode tonight and Rachel and Phoebe were trying to decide who should be Monica's MOH since she left it up to them. Eventually it is decided that Rachel would be. They tell Monica and she goes "this is awesome I have so many specific ideas. We should get together about 4 times a week to plan". I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that.
    I think she is a BIGGER brideszilla when planning Phoebe's wedding!!!!!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    I agree. Wasn't she basically telling Phoebe you have to do this, this and that. Even though Phoebe didn't want to....?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    Yes! I was just thinking that too. Both hilarious episodes. 
  • Options
    I thought Lily did a great job of trying not to be a bridezilla. She wanted a small outdoor wedding and got pushed into something more traditional.  Mysterious bridesmaids in shows/movies crack me up. I just saw Father of the Bride over the weekend and with all that planning, who the heck were the bridesmaids in pink? "Natasha, you've already peeked enough..."  LOL.

Wonder if Robin will have any mystery maids show up? She didn't have any girls at her bachelorette!

• Options
    I watched Father of the Bride this weekend too and I had the same thought re: bridesmaids. 
  • Options
    I really hope Barney gets Robin's mom to show up.  That's just sad otherwise.  And I really want to meet the mom!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Or when she guilts Chandler into spending his life savings on the wedding...

I love that show, but I would never dream of spending life savings on a wedding.

Or when she is Phoebe's wedding planner...talk about Type A...

FTR at the end of the episode she actually sees things his way and they compromise and don't spend all of it...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013

I love that show, but I would never dream of spending life savings on a wedding.

FTR at the end of the episode she actually sees things his way and they compromise and don't spend all of it...

They do spend it. See the episode again. She realizes it's shitty of her to want him to use his savings, but he ends up decided to spend it towards the wedding. I still love friends. I actually have a friend who is a little bit like Monica.
    [Stuck in darn box!]
    Sorry, but you need to watch the episode again.  He tells her in the end that he thinks they should spend it all on the wedding, and she accepts.  BUT THEN she asks him what they're going to do about the future, and he says only have 2 kids and only send one to college.  Then she asks how many kids they were going to have in his imagination.
    He says 3, then describes his future dream of having a house in the suburbs with 3 kids and a cat.
    THAT'S when she finally says she doesn't want a big fancy wedding.  She wants everything he described.  She wants "a marriage".  
    /End episode/
    Yup... I'm THAT Friends addict.

SaveSave
  • Options
    monkeysip said:

They do spend it. See the episode again. She realizes it's shitty of her to want him to use his savings, but he ends up decided to spend it towards the wedding. I still love friends. I actually have a friend who is a little bit like Monica.
    [Stuck in darn box!]
    Sorry, but you need to watch the episode again.  He tells her in the end that he thinks they should spend it all on the wedding, and she accepts.  BUT THEN she asks him what they're going to do about the future, and he says only have 2 kids and only send one to college.  Then she asks how many kids they were going to have in his imagination.
    He says 3, then describes his future dream of having a house in the suburbs with 3 kids and a cat.
    THAT'S when she finally says she doesn't want a big fancy wedding.  She wants everything he described.  She wants "a marriage".  
    /End episode/
    Yup... I'm THAT Friends addict.
    THANK YOU! :) you and I can be BEST FRIENDS now!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Does it bother anyone else that the dress Monica wears in the wedding episode is not the same as the one she bought in an earlier episode? I thought the one from the dress buying episode was way better than the one from the wedding episode.
  • Options
    Ven&Radio said:
    Does it bother anyone else that the dress Monica wears in the wedding episode is not the same as the one she bought in an earlier episode? I thought the one from the dress buying episode was way better than the one from the wedding episode.

that is because if you watch the episode...she gives it to the other woman to get the band that Chandler wanted for the wedding.....
    Anniversary
  • Options

These are hilarious, I love how you guys know every detail!

My favorite show that I own all the DVD's is Will & Grace...there's one where she's planning her wedding and she just keeps screaming "I'M THE BRIDE" and I always have that in my head when someone makes a stupid suggestion to me I just want to yell it at them (but never would hehe)

• Options
    There are super Friends fans here. I love it! The only shows I own all the seasons on DVD are SOA and Sex and the City.
  • Options
    I am smiling at the fact that other people like FRIENDS as much as I do. Even if I get my episodes wrong. I can still mouth out all episodes. My fiance even gave me a trivia game. 

My favorite line ever, "well isn't that kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic!?" 

I have a few that are my favorite "You were the hermaphrodite cheerleader from Long Island" and " Ross, forget the condom" "Oh, I may as well have!"
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards