Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

B&G Photoshoot After the Wedding?

I'm worried that H & I didn't get enough shots of just the two of us during and after the wedding, so I was thinking about scheduling another shoot with just the two of us...

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so... 1.) What prompted you to do it? and 2.) Was it worth it?

Re: B&G Photoshoot After the Wedding?

• Options
    I did not as we did a first look to ensure we would get all the images we wanted. Lurkers, consider doing one if you are worried this could be a problem for you. It's not an uncommon question/ issue.
    That said...
    I think if you are unhappy with your images it is fine to do a post wedding shoot. Lots of women do bridal portraits prior to the wedding and I don't see this as anything different. You won't have the same emotional attachment (possibly) as the images from your actually wedding day. But if you can afford it and it makes you happy, do it! Have fun!! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    BrandiN85 said:

I'm worried that H & I didn't get enough shots of just the two of us during and after the wedding, so I was thinking about scheduling another shoot with just the two of us...

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so... 1.) What prompted you to do it? and 2.) Was it worth it?

Nope, we didn't do it.  There's something about looking back on our wedding day photos and seeing the looks on our faces that would be impossible to capture afterwards.  Not to mention, even if other people didn't know, I would know that it wasn't from that day.

In the end, all that really matters for us is that we have one or two good photos to frame for the house and a nice selection of photos for the album. 
  • Options
    I am unhappy with the lack of formals and reception pictures we got at our wedding.  But I would feel so weird taking more pictures, I like the idea in theory... but knowing its not our wedding day I feel will show through in the pictures. As PP said - you only need enough for a few on your wall and a nice album and I think I have enough to do that. Thank goodness I had a videographer because that captured everything that day that the pictures are missing... wish I could hang that up on my wall!

Anniversary
  • Options
    We did it! She took lots of shots and to be honest one of the shots of me is my all time favorite of any of the pictures.  It was a relaxing and fun day.  It had stormed on our wedding day and we had a beautiful venue at a park so I really wanted some fun park pictures.

• Options
    I am having a winter wedding, but FI would like to do a summer shoot in our attire, so we shall be doing that.  Yeah, it won't be the wedding day, but I think it will be a lot of fun. 

• Options
    rklinge0 said:
    We did it! She took lots of shots and to be honest one of the shots of me is my all time favorite of any of the pictures.  It was a relaxing and fun day.  It had stormed on our wedding day and we had a beautiful venue at a park so I really wanted some fun park pictures.

Glad it worked out :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards