Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Christmas Time 2014 Honeymoon

I am getting married in August of 2014 but I am in grad school so our honeymoon will have to wait until Christmas break. I am sure this is a really busy time of year for travel. Any suggestions? Unsure of budget yet but would prefer all-inclusive :)

Re: Christmas Time 2014 Honeymoon

• Options
    You've got to figure out a budget first. That will determine everything. 

Do you want somewhere warm? Domestic? International?
  • Options
    Warm and out of the country! I would say $6000 maximum.
  • Options
    You could totally do a Caribbean cruise or AI somewhere in Mexico or the Caribbean... But with a6k budget around christmastime, I'd do a Viking River Cruise in Europe to do the Christmas markets! (This trip is on my own bucket list, and it looks amazing).
  • Options
    I think $6k should get you something decent, but definitely book well in advance (like right after Xmas this year for the hotel part) and definitely keep in mind that many resorts have minimum night stays during that time of year. You may also have mandatory add ons, like a NYE dinner.

I agree with the Xmas markets, though! We had planned on taking a Xmas market tour this year, but we ended up using our vacation time for other trips. We're just going to do a few days in London instead :)

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    What about Costa Rica?
  • Options
    How do you know what dates to pick this far in advance though if you can not even look at airfare for December 2014 yet?
  • Options

How long is your winter break?  If you can push this into January (like past 1/2/15), you'd be more likely to see off-season savings than if you try to go between 12/19/14 - 1/2/15.  The weeks surrounding Christmas are generally more expensive on cruises, all-inclusive resorts, flights, etc.  January is generally a lower season for travel.

If you want warm but not the carribean/hawaii, you can always look at south america - it is their summer when it is our winter.  Central america would be nice then too.  I'd suggest australia/new zealand/south africa/the south pacific, but i'm not certain you could do that for $6k.

• Options
    Come to Boston for your honeymoon. My husband and I did when we got married and we had a blast celebrating in the city. December is also a particularly good time to come because of the Holiday Lights and there's so much to explore walking around Newbury Street and Cambridge. Check out the LGBT MassVacation website for more: http://www.lgbtmassvacation.com/things-to-do

• Options
    Come to Boston for your honeymoon. My husband and I did when we got married and we had a blast celebrating in the city. December is also a particularly good time to come because of the Holiday Lights and there's so much to explore walking around Newbury Street and Cambridge. Check out the LGBT MassVacation website for more: http://www.lgbtmassvacation.com/things-to-do

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards