Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Ten Minutes for Photos?

I am getting married at St. Patrick's in the Spring and we only have 10 minutes after the ceremony to take pictures.  I was curious about what other brides did with similar restrictions.  Were you able to take pictures inside the church with the bridal party and family or did you just take pictures with your new husband and save the rest for the reception?  

Re: Ten Minutes for Photos?

• Options
    I did one group photo of the whole bridal party and then a few with my husband.  Saved the rest for the reception or had them done before the ceremony at the hotel.  We were out of there in less than 10 minutes. However, I didn't have a huge bridal party and posed photos weren't really a priority for me.
  • Options
    It all depends on the lighting outside! If there is still some daylight outside I was suggest taking the "necessary" pictures inside the church (You, your groom, parents, and sibilings) and then going outside in front of the church for more family pictures. If it is pitch black outside it is hard for photographers to set up with little time! Hope this helps! We took pictures inside ceremony location and outside as well! Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not taking any pictures at the church (besides one taken during the ceremony) I know I'm not gonna buy them... so why take formal ones? Just think if you are really gonna buy pictures in front of the alter?
  • Options
    I get all my images on disc so cost is not an issue. Mostly the formal pictures are for our parents who really want them. Besides I would be sad if I didn't do them and then the photographer didn't get a picture of my elderly family members because they weren't on the dance floor all night. It may be one of the last times they are gathered with us as a family.
  • Options
    I'm not taking any of the church... i know I am not going to buy them. so I'm not gonna take them. 
  • Options
    I didn't get married in a church, but we took all of our family photos during the cocktail hour of my reception.

We did a first look and took our couple and bridal party shots before the ceremony, because I didn't want those pictures to be taken in the dark with flash photography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards