Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Enough food /drinks for RD?

One of the ideas we are considering for our RD is a casual italian food/pizza party at the winery we are rehearsing at (and having the wedding) and I want to get an idea of budget.  I expect a minimum 19 people (including FI and I) + 4 kids (max 28 + the 4 kids). So 25-30 people. 

Note: 4 vegetarians (including myself)

If we go this route... how much food do we need?

baked ziti - 1 tray? 2?
chicken fingers - 1 tray?
salad - 1 tray?
pizza - 3 pies?  1 plain, 1 veg topping, 1 meat topping?
italian bread

We'll also have assorted small desserts (cookies, brownies, cupcakes or something like that)

Soda, Water, Wine

Does that sound like enough or would I need more food?  Are the drink options ok? I really dont' want to have to get beer too since they don't serve it there we have to bring it in.

Re: Enough food /drinks for RD?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How big are all of the trays and pizzas? Idk it doesn't sound like much.

I would probably still do a little beer. If there's a Sams Club or a larger liquor store you can often buy large cases of maybe just one type of beer? Or rent a mini-keg? Our group is 50/50 on the beer/wine drinkers so thats why I feel that way.

But if all the drinkers are more wine-drinkers anyway then that will be fine too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, more food. I'd say 2-3 trays of ziti, 2 trays chicken fingers, 1 tray salad (not a lot of people love salad), 4 pizzas (1 meat, 2 plain & 2 veggies). You would want to do 2 veggie pizzas since there is going to be 4 vegetarians. I agree you should include beer. Not a whole lot but maybe 2-3 kinds, 1 being a light domestic. Also maybe some kind of juice for the kids that don't drink soda. HTH!
  • Options
    MAMA41206MAMA41206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would get more pizza too.  I think 1 pizza would feed about 4-5 people with the other stuff so let's say 5-6 pizzas.  probably 3 plain and 2 veggie topped.  Maybe one with meat if you want also.

Then i'd do 2 trays of ziti (ziti does have meat in it)
    2 trays of chicken fingers
    1 tray of salad
    and maybe some bread

then your desserts.

for drinks,  I'd have one red and one white wine to offer.  And maybe 2 types of bottled beer.  Water, Coke, diet coke, sprite, and then maybe apple juice.

I think that is enough.  You could even just get cans of soda and juice boxes (probably kids drinking this anyways), bottled water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards