Michigan-Detroit

international guests

We are inviting FH family from Mexico, do their invitations need to go out prior to the 6-8 week mark? If so, how much before? Would it make more sense to send them STDs and then the invitation 8 weeks prior?

Re: international guests

• edited December 2013
    I would send ASAP! My family and friends in Canada didn't get their invitiations until last week and I mailed them out 3 weeks ago. And living in Michigan they really didn't have to go that far to make it into Ontario.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlemoe03mlemoe03 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Well the wedding isn't planned until December 2015 so we have plenty of time before invites well go out... I'm just wondering. I wasn't planning on sending out STDs, but it might make sense to send them to the international family
  • Instead of sending save the dates couldn't you just give them a call and let them know the date and to be expecting an invitation? You also have plenty of time to figure it out. If you do end up sending save the dates don't send them until 9 months or so before your wedding.
  • Just send out the international invites earlier.  That is what we did. Then all the invites arrive at about the same time for eveyone.  And you don't have the extra expense of save the dates.  It worked for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards