New York-New York City

Gail Chatelain Photography - Reviews?

Hi,

Has anyone used Gail Chatelain Photography for their wedding?  We're thinking of booking her for our NYC wedding next year.

Thanks!

Re: Gail Chatelain Photography - Reviews?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Yvonne,

I am new to this board thing, but Gail's work looks pretty good. I am not sure if you will find many people who have worked with her in the NYC forum, because she appears to be from the Florida area. Honestly, since you still have time to find a photographer, I would suggest trying to find people closer to our area so that you don't have to pay in travel fees.

We used beIMAGED Photography - www.beimaged.com, budget-friendly NYC photographer if you feel like looking at others.

Maybe I looked up the wrong Gail though! Who knows - just like reccomending our fabulous photographer! Good luck to you both!

-Emma
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Emma.  You got the right Gail, however, she's actually based in LA and NYC at different times of the year :-)  Thanks for your suggestion, but after meeting Gail we're happy to go with her.

Thanks for the reply though!
  • edited December 2011
    While the website is interesting, the photography itself seems to be average, editing seems to be a bit better than average...

Take a look at who we used, and he's local to the area.  www.mzorn.com

Good luck!
  • How was your experience with Gail?
  • We booked Gail almost on the spot after having a glowing review from a close friend and meeting with her.  This was about 15-16 months prior to our wedding.

Gail is very artistic and her photos came out great.  However, we did have two major issues with the overall experience and final outcome:

1) Our Day of Coordinator called Gail to confirm, the week of our wedding.  At this point, we found out that she had to leave early due to a family function the same night...  Being 3 days prior to the wedding, there was nothing we could say or do and we did not want to stress out about it.  Her 2nd photographer would shoot the rest of the wedding.  She left VERY early- just after our entrance/ first dance. His pictures came out totally amateur- blurry and we only got about 1/3 as the rest were so bad she just deleted them.  We later found out this was his SECOND WEDDING EVER. (and first with her)

2)  In the weeks leading up to our wedding we discussed specific photographs that were to be taken.   There were several, very important pictures that were not taken.  We feel that our list was basically disregarded based on the extensive list of missing pictures.  Some of these were discussed from the first day we met.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards