July 2014 Weddings

Stressed and Depressed

I knew planning a wedding was going to be hard even though my fiance and I have been together for 9 years and will be getting Married on our 10th anniversary- It seems like no one is ever gonna be happy. No one is ever going to just suck up their issues with other people to celebrate FINALLY... If so-n-so comes i'm not and if that one is there i'm gonna do this, a bunch of adults just cannot put aside their differences for 12 hours and be happy for us... A lot of people are as excited as we are but some important people in our lives just seem to like to tell us how difficult it is for them and what not... It's not like this was a surprise- we're together 10 years.... 2 kids later.... I dunno. I'm the type of person who likes to please everyone and this time I just don't think it's ever going to happen... Wedding PLANS -Venue,vendors, all that fun stuff we have not had not one problem.... More stress from family & friends.... 

I really hope things go well the day off- well the week of cause all the families will be together doing the last minute stuff since a lot of family is out of state (i've tried including them in a lot but that never seemed to work out).... Sorry Just needed to get it out... To an outside source....

Re: Stressed and Depressed

• So sorry! We have the same thing going on! My fiance's dad's side of the family hates his mom and her side and can't not move on from the past. We aren't even sure if they will come since they will be there! It's pretty stupid if you ask me. I'm at the point where if they come they do and if not, good I would rather not have the drama on the biggest day of my life. It will get better just don't worry too much about it they can't come for you guys AND be happy, then in all honesty you don't want them there if they can't act like adults.  
  • I literally just finished a screaming match with my fiance over our engagement party of all things. It was stupid and we both know it, and everything will be fine. But I know EXACTLY how you guys feel. I think we're all there in various ways. 7 months and counting...we will get through this. <3
  • I knew planning a wedding was going to be hard even though my fiance and I have been together for 9 years and will be getting Married on our 10th anniversary- It seems like no one is ever gonna be happy. No one is ever going to just suck up their issues with other people to celebrate FINALLY... If so-n-so comes i'm not and if that one is there i'm gonna do this, a bunch of adults just cannot put aside their differences for 12 hours and be happy for us... A lot of people are as excited as we are but some important people in our lives just seem to like to tell us how difficult it is for them and what not... It's not like this was a surprise- we're together 10 years.... 2 kids later.... I dunno. I'm the type of person who likes to please everyone and this time I just don't think it's ever going to happen... Wedding PLANS -Venue,vendors, all that fun stuff we have not had not one problem.... More stress from family & friends.... 

I really hope things go well the day off- well the week of cause all the families will be together doing the last minute stuff since a lot of family is out of state (i've tried including them in a lot but that never seemed to work out).... Sorry Just needed to get it out... To an outside source....

@ClaudiaT87

I am sorry to hear that this has got you down. Just remember that the most important thing is you're marrying the love of your life. And, yes, things will go well the day of. Promise :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards