Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Twin Cities Venues that allow for homemade wine and beer

My fiance and I brew our own beer and wine and it is something that we would like to do for our reception... but finding a place that allows alcohol to be brought in is hard.  The event is going to be between 150-200, no decision on the caterer, and it is June 28th, 2014. 

I've looked at some of the previous posts and a lot of the places mentioned no kegs (only cans).  We do keg or bottle the beer, but if it could be avoided, because of the cost, that would be great.

Any ideas for places?!?!?

Re: Twin Cities Venues that allow for homemade wine and beer

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_twin-cities-venues-that-allow-byob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:0ecac867-54a7-4de8-a3b0-60b44d08177dPost:02809ab8-8f05-4ffe-a507-f7ba4e4c7b17">Twin Cities Venues that allow for homemade wine and beer</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I brew our own beer and wine and it is something that we would like to do for our reception... but finding a place that allows alcohol to be brought in is hard.  The event is going to be between 150-200, no decision on the caterer, and it is June 28 th , 2014.   I've looked at some of the previous posts and a lot of the places mentioned no kegs (only cans).  We do keg or bottle the beer, but if it could be avoided, because of the cost, that would be great. Any ideas for places?!?!?
    Posted by kirstenurke[/QUOTE]

I love beer.

Ok, now that being said...

I don't prefer to drink friend's/family's homebrew experiments. I'm sure yours is tasty (as every homebrewer thinks theirs is). It's just not alluring to me.

Could you have it at the rehearsal dinner and serve your guests traditional beer & wine at the reception?
  • Options
    Kirsten,

I went to college in MSP but I'm afraid I don't know the wedding venues there terribly well. I would recommend checking out state- or city-owned venues, like parks. Somewhere at Minnehaha Falls, or... whatever, that's the only park I know of.

I agree with itsMS that homebrews don't always turn out well, but if you're okay with running that risk, you may be better off looking at the Local Wedding Board.
  • Options
    libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I went to a friend's wedding last year at Five Event Center in the Twin Cities. I know that they were allowed to bring in food from an outside caterer, but I'm not sure about alcohol. The venue was awesome, though, so it would be worth looking into.
  • Options
    Oh oh oh there's a dance studio off of University in St. Paul right by Cub that allows you to bring in alcohol. It's called "Dancers Studio". Website is www.dseventcenter.com. I attended a wedding there last year and it was lovely, and the staff was incredibly helpful.
  • Options
    My fiancee and I are in a very similar situation as you.  We're planning the wedding from out of state, and will be going back up to the Twin Cities in December to look at venues.  Have you had anymore luck Kirsten?
  • Options
    Hope glen farm
  • Options
    My friend got married about 10 years ago and her mother brought in their homemade wine..the venue was in White Bear Lake.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    We're getting married at the 5120 Restaurant in Bloomington (which only seats 80, so it would be too small for you guys) and my homebrewer fiance is bringing in beer for the wedding party. The venue was totally cool with it as long as we kept it to the wedding party (and I'm sure a few other people, the folks at the restaurant are really easy going). Perhaps if you went with that route it would be easier to find a place that will let you bring in your own alcohol? 
  • Options
    @starkwedding15 if you're still looking, we're getting married at the St Paul College Club and they allow you to stock your own bar (and can accommodate kegs).  When my cousin got married several years ago (different state) it was at a hotel and they had wine my uncle at made at all the tables so it's probably worth calling around and checking even if it's not specifically listed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards