• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Groom's and groomsmen attire?

Our groomsmen live all over the place so we most likely need a chain store to rent from. I know they are probably more expensive. Does anyone have suggestions on where the guys can rent their suits?? At least we are thinking suits for now, who knows though, could change to tuxes. Also, what is the average cost of a rental and does anyone know the price difference between suit and tux rental?
Thanks!!!

Re: Groom's and groomsmen attire?

• Its cheaper to buy suits. My fiance bought a grey suit for his brothers wedding at Burlington, on sale. Then he bought a black suit for our wedding at JCPenny's.  SOOOO much cheaper than renting, plus, he can wear them in the future and get use out of them.  It cost us  under $150 for a 3 piece black suit, and under $100 for the 2 piece grey.
  • Tuxedo Junction rents suits for $89. They don't have quite as many locations as Men's Warehouse, but you guys can get measured anywhere and call the measurements in to your local store.

I looked at buying versus renting, but once you take into account alterations on a store-bought suit, the price difference was too much to justify it. A lot of suits don't have the hems finished on the pants, and may not have the sleeve hems finished so that they can be tailored to length.

• We used Top Hat but also considered Men's Warehouse for tuxedos.  Both were priced around $100-$120 per rental.

• Men's Warehouse is doing ours since of the groomsmen is from out of town.  What's nice is that regardless of where the guys pick the tuxes up, they can all be dropped off at one central location.
  • I went back and forth between suits vs. tuxes and rent vs. buy.  Since most guys in the party are out of town we went with Men's Wearhouse for rented tuxes.  I'm an accountant so trust me when I say I priced everything out, but I felt it was worth it to rent because then I can be sure all the groomsmen get the right thing.  We went with the grey Vera Wang tux and it was about $180 per tux.

But, they give the groom $500 to spend on another purchase if you have a big party!  So my FI will be able to get some new clothes for work that he'll wear all the time, and just pay the rental on the tux.
  • I went back and forth between suits vs. tuxes and rent vs. buy.  Since most guys in the party are out of town we went with Men's Wearhouse for rented tuxes.  I'm an accountant so trust me when I say I priced everything out, but I felt it was worth it to rent because then I can be sure all the groomsmen get the right thing.  We went with the grey Vera Wang tux and it was about $180 per tux.

But, they give the groom $500 to spend on another purchase if you have a big party!  So my FI will be able to get some new clothes for work that he'll wear all the time, and just pay the rental on the tux.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards