Wedding Party

Please Help!!!

I went shopping for bridemaid dresses with both my bridesmaid recently.  A comment was made that made me so upset that I could no longer focus on picking a dress.  On top of being upset both bridesmaid expressed that they did not like the dress I picked so I told them to get whatever they wanted.  Now that they have done just that I really really really hate the dresses they picked.  I do not think the dress can be exchanged or returned.  Is there any way to change the dress now without being a bridezilla or coming out looking terrible?  I don't want to offend anyone, but the dresses do not in anyway fit my theme.  Any advise would be great.  Thanks.

Re: Please Help!!!

• Can you provide a picture?

I think you may be out of luck though unless they just didn't listen to you.
  • I went shopping for bridemaid dresses with both my bridesmaid recently.  A comment was made that made me so upset that I could no longer focus on picking a dress.  On top of being upset both bridesmaid expressed that they did not like the dress I picked so I told them to get whatever they wanted.  Now that they have done just that I really really really hate the dresses they picked.  I do not think the dress can be exchanged or returned.  Is there any way to change the dress now without being a bridezilla or coming out looking terrible?  I don't want to offend anyone, but the dresses do not in anyway fit my theme.  Any advise would be great.  Thanks.
    So you told them to get what they wanted, and they did, and now you want them to have to pay for new dresses b/c you don't like them?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Unfortunately, you already told them they could pick whatever they wanted, so they did just that.  I don't think there's a way you can take that back without causing serious tension.  I mean, they're the ones who have to keep the dress (they most likely chose a dress they can wear again), and they also (I'm assuming) paid for them.  

• The only way you can ask them to buy new dresses is if you reimburse them for the ones they purchased already.  But I don't think that you should do that.  Unless the dresses they picked are highly inappropriate for your venue, then just let them wear these dresses that they liked.  And when I say inappropriate for your venue, it has nothing to do with matching your theme.

If your girls didn't like the dress you picked, you should have worked with them to find a new dress they both liked.  Instead, you got frustrated and told them to get whatever dress they wanted in your color.  Now you don't like their dresses, but it's your fault since you gave up control of the BM dresses.
  • I agree with OliveOilsMom. You could possibly start over if you're willing to pay for the dresses the bms have chosen at your direction, honor their new dress budgets and work really hard at finding something that all of you like. You still run the risk of hurting your friends' feelings by telling them that you don't like what they picked out. Unless the dresses are inappropriate, such as short, short, cleavage bearing club type dresses for a church wedding, you should probably just let it go.

• 1.  What was the comment that made you so upset you couldn't pick a dress?

2.  What is your theme?  Actually to anyone, what does this really mean?  Like circus theme or vampire theme, etc?  I never know what people mean when they say they have a theme for their wedding.
  • jneen101 said:
    1.  What was the comment that made you so upset you couldn't pick a dress?

2.  What is your theme?  Actually to anyone, what does this really mean?  Like circus theme or vampire theme, etc?  I never know what people mean when they say they have a theme for their wedding.

I was wondering this, too. What exactly is this theme that any random bridesmaid dress didn't fit with?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Could you share pictures of the dresses they did choose?  Perhaps we can help you better knowing what they look like.  Also what is the "theme" or overall vibe you were going for?  They may not be that bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards