May 2014 Weddings
Options

Whats your introduction song?

We're being introduced at the reception to the Austin Powers theme song. We thought it was fun and different, and now I can't get it out of my head. What are you ladies doing?

Re: Whats your introduction song?

• Options
    We are still deciding, but I'm thinking it will probably be "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.  Our first date was watching Archer together, and we are huge fans of the show.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Still deciding, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince. We are both HUGE Prince fans (FI was Prince for Halloween the year we met). And I love how the song starts off with "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..." lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI wanted gangnam style, but I veto'ed that, so he's back to the drawing board. Lol

• Options
    OMG, Gangnam style would be so funny! I actually wanted sexyback by justin timberlake..but we both love austin powers and it fits our funky personallities.And to be honest it's way more fun thena sexyback..lol.
  • Options
    My Best Friend- Tim McGraw
  • Options
    We're walking in to the theme from Mario Brothers. FI is a huge gamer, we went as Mario & Princess Peach for Halloween one year, an will be having small touches of it throughout our wedding (and when I mean small I mean small lol - cufflinks & ties for the guys, cake topper and that's all lol).
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're walking in to the theme from Mario Brothers. FI is a huge gamer, we went as Mario & Princess Peach for Halloween one year, an will be having small touches of it throughout our wedding (and when I mean small I mean small lol - cufflinks & ties for the guys, cake topper and that's all lol).
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love all of those ideas! We haven't decided yet but probably something upbeat. 
  • Options
    I love how personal all of your choices are.  They're really unique and creative - Austin Powers, Mario Party... I want to be at your receptions to see you walk in!

FI and I have almost opposite taste in music and he was really pushing Thunderstruck (AC/DC), which I had to look up on Youtube, because I hadn't heard it before.   I wanted something a little more "house/party/techo" - I can't argue that his choice would pump people up... I just don't know if it would pump ME up (and that's when I started feeling selfish).

We were watching videos when we were trying to pick our videographer and FI decided he liked the song in this one ( at 3:39).  I completely agreed.  I like it so much that it doesn't even bother me that it's in those Kia commercials with the hamsters in track suits.  And let me just say, that's a really big deal.
  • Options
    @ohxhi That would be SO FUN to walk in to! :)

We are walking in to Rihanna's "We Found Love". After we had been dating for a while, it came on the radio and I joked it should be "our song". We work together at the same company, and both consider where we work "a hopeless place" at times. 

When he proposed he actually had it playing in the next room. Although it didn't really fit in with the mood at the time, I thought It was cute :)
  • Options
    @ohxhi That would be SO FUN to walk in to! :)

We are walking in to Rihanna's "We Found Love". After we had been dating for a while, it came on the radio and I joked it should be "our song". We work together at the same company, and both consider where we work "a hopeless place" at times. 

When he proposed he actually had it playing in the next room. Although it didn't really fit in with the mood at the time, I thought It was cute :)

@kellibastien Every time that comes on the radio, FI jokes that we found love in a hopeless place, too! I was working at the neighbourhood Esso (in the store -- not pumping gas, thank GOD) when we met... FI knew a co-worker of mine and would always come in for tea haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards