May 2014 Weddings
Options

Flowers real or fake?

Hello everyone! 
My name is Carly and this is my first post, figured with 6 months left I better get the ball rolling. lol.
I'm curious to know about your bouquets are you doing real or fake flowers?  

Re: Flowers real or fake?

• Options
    Real for me :)  Peonies to be exact.

Good luck and welcome to posting!
  • Options
    Reeeeeal! I'm such a flower person -- my florist has openly called me her soul sister haha! We're doing a tonne of different flowers... Parrot tulips, amaranthus, peonies, garden roses, sweet pea, stock, ranunculus, blushing bride leucadendron, succulents, scabiosa pods, berries, lavender, antique hydrangea, baby's breath... Obviously, not every type will be in every arrangement/bouquet, but I'm ridiculously excited that I get to have all of my faves :D

• Options
    brittleigh13brittleigh13 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Reeeeeal! I'm such a flower person -- my florist has openly called me her soul sister haha! We're doing a tonne of different flowers... Parrot tulips, amaranthus, peonies, garden roses, sweet pea, stock, ranunculus, blushing bride leucadendron, succulents, scabiosa pods, berries, lavender, antique hydrangea, baby's breath... Obviously, not every type will be in every arrangement/bouquet, but I'm ridiculously excited that I get to have all of my faves :D

I have GOT to see pictures of your flowers when it's all said and done... this sounds AMAZING!
  • Options
    I'm going with real. I love the smell of real flowers and my FMIL is doing all my arrangements for me so it's actually less money to buy real flowers wholesale rather than buying silk flowers that look real.
  • Options
    @brittleigh13 I promise to post pics! I can't wait :)

• Options
    Real flowers.  I think the cost to get good fakes is about what you would cost for the real thing.  I think its worth it to get real ones, otherwise if you go with fake to save money, they will look fake.  Or the other thought is to do real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres, and then do fake for decorating, like center pieces, or isle runner flowers.  Anyways, go with what you would like, but me personally, I'm using real flowers because part of my love for flowers is the scent. :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome Carly and Congratulations!!! We are going with real as well. 
  • Options
    I haven't met with a florist yet, but definitely going with real flowers.   I may use fake petals for the flower girl, though.    I know someone that did fake flowers, using Michaels, and said cost saving was HUGE and she loves how they came out.   I just prefer real. 
  • Options

I guess I'm the odd one out. We are doing artifical/silk. This was huge stress for me for MONTHS, I had no idea which to use. And I know I posted this on another discussion, but this was my thought process...

I went to three different weddings this past summer. Two of them, I had NO idea what kind of flowers they had. Which got me thinking... why should I spend the outrageous prices (at least around here) on something people MAY not even remember or notice? I started looking around online and found GORGEOUS flowers on Etsy. Now, they were pricy as well... but not as much as what real would have cost us in the end. AND, my bouquet is something I can always have now. When I told my bridesmaids that the flowers were going to be artificial, I was preparing for judgement, or disappointment... but they were happy! They too said they could hang on to it for a momento. My mom said the same thing about her corsage.  

**Mind you, you CAN have your real flowers preserved (and in some really pretty ways), so there ARE options! :)

I always thought I'd have real flowers... but it just worked out for me differently in the end.

• Options
    @kellibastien Etsy is awesome - I have yet to get something from one of their vendors that I'm not head over heels for.  i think it's great you went with what YOU wanted - share pics of what you picked if you have them! 
  • Options
    Flowers were not a big deal for me, and I hate spending large amounts of money, so I insisted that if I had flowers that my family and I spend money on, they had better last forever! So artificial flowers were the way to go for me! There are all kinds of great quality artificial rose flowers online and when they came I was shocked at how life like they are! The carnations looked a little fake but they were going to go into the underwater centerpieces anyway so no one can tell the difference when it's underwater. If it was a question of paying the same price I'd rather them last forever! But the downside is if its the smell of fresh flowers you love it is a tradeoff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm leaning toward going fake. We're having a private ceremony, going on our honeymoon, and then having a reception at a later date. I think it would be a cool thing to have my bouquet at our reception.

(We're having our reception at a later date, because it's going to consist of an overnight camp out!) 
  • Options
    real for this bride! It's something I always wanted for as long as I can remember. Funny how an 8 yr old girl decides that her wedding flwoers will be real because she thinks that's the way it's supposed to be.lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards