Catholic Weddings

Christmas Plans

Merry Christmas ladies!

Its been pretty quiet around here recently...what are everyone's plans for Christmas? Is everyone finished shopping? Baking?

I decided not to go back to work until after the first of the year so I can enjoy the holidays with DD even though she won't remember anything. Plan on doing some baking next week along with getting things ready for DD's baptism on Jan 5. Frantically trying to find her a dress and all the accessories. I didn't realize how expensive those little gowns can be.

Re: Christmas Plans

• Oh, they are SO expensive!  We lucked out and borrowed SIL's baptism gown.  We actually had a really hard time even finding anything for DD.  That's so great that you can stay home!

I'm heading down to my ILs this week and DH will be meeting me there (he's been away for a training), then we'll head back home for Christmas with my family next week.
    Anniversary

• They are SO expensive!   My mother made DD's gown which was was a money and labor effort on her and it was beautiful.    I love that it's elegant and simple and cotton.

I haven't baked a thing and I hope to make some peppermint cake balls this weekend sometime after we have breakfast with Santa with DD.

We are done shopping for all the people that we'll see on Christmas but I'd still like to add a few things like some photos and other little add-ons.   Luckily those gifts can be accomplished with a shopping trip to Michael's and to Wal-Mart or the CVS photo booths.

I am SO excited to see DD's reaction on Christmas morning.   She's 3 now so she "gets" the whole Christmas concept a bit more.    

• @banana: I can't believe your DD is 3 yrs old now! Time really does fly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards