January 2014 Weddings

Is anyone else starting to freak out?

My wedding is in 18 days. My fiance is out of town for the next 6 days. And everyday I realize I have yet something else we haven't done!

I still need table numbers, I need more pinecones and I need to spray paint them, I need shoes, and I just realized we haven't done a seating chart!  There is more stuff but those are the most pressing at this moment. GAH!

Re: Is anyone else starting to freak out?

• It is stressful, but I am getting to the point where every day I get something done for the wedding and that makes me feel accomplished. I have a little notebook, so I keep adding to my list as I think of things I have not done. But I feel like any time I dream, it is about something at the wedding going wrong. I am so ready for the wedding day to get here and everything to be done! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Not freaking out, but I am starting to make lists (our wedding is in 5 1/2 weeks). 

Today I did get our first RSVP write-ins (young adult children of FI's cousin).  I called FMIL for advice...  She couldn't believe they did that and was on my side.  I'm trying to create as few waves/hurt the fewest amount of feelings as possible.  We'll see what we can come up with.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I keep a notebook too that I'm constantly adding things to and I'm slowly crossing things off. 

I get it with stressing out about these things though. Sometimes it feels like I waste more time worrying about everything I have yet to do than it would take to actually get the things done. 
  • I'm actually just now past the freaking out stage and starting to enjoy it. Last week I printed off the programs, bought the unity candle & holder, received our passports, finished sending the thank yous from my shower and now we're working on paying off the vendors and applying for the marriage license. Pretty much all that's left is the seating chart and organizing the centerpieces/favors/etc to drop off at the reception hall.

Plus I actually finished my Christmas shopping two weeks ago. My fiance thought I was doing too much early on in the planning but I'm glad I did since the wedding is so close to the holidays!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Starting to freak out just a little because there is still a lot to be done. And on top of that I just had my baby girl not even three weeks ago. Feels like there is never enough time in the day for everything
  • Mann2Be said:
    Starting to freak out just a little because there is still a lot to be done. And on top of that I just had my baby girl not even three weeks ago. Feels like there is never enough time in the day for everything
    CONGRATS on the baby!!! For the first 2 months I had DD I never got off the couch so kudos to you for planning a wedding at the same time! =)
  • Thank you :) its a tad bit more difficult juggling a newborn AND a two year old lol but I get most of my planning done during nap time. I've got a lot I'm doing this weekend lol
  • Congrats on the baby! I'm 15 weeks right now. Should've known to be extra careful before the wedding...oh well ;)
  • Congrats to you as well! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards