Outdoor Weddings

Picnic Table Seating

We are getting married outdoors in the biergarten at a local German restaurant. (Or indoors in the banquet hall if it rains.) There will be chairs during the ceremony but the seating for the reception will be picnic tables. I'm worried about people dressing up and having to climb in and out of picnic tables (mostly women in dresses and pantyhose). Should I include a note with the invitation to dress appropriately? Should I try to cover the benches of the table? Has anyone done that, I don't know how difficult it would be. Is this a silly thing to even worry about??

Re: Picnic Table Seating

• I wouldn't tell people to dress appropriately, because as adults. . . . they should be able to figure that out and you don't want to come across as insulting.  Perhaps if people ask you can mention where the wedding is being held, or put pictures on your wedding website of the tables in use to give people the hint.
  • kaos16 said: I wouldn't tell people to dress appropriately, because as adults. . . . they should be able to figure that out and you don't want to come across as insulting.  Perhaps if people ask you can mention where the wedding is being held, or put pictures on your wedding website of the tables in use to give people the hint. I was worried about this, too! Maybe word of mouth is better. Most of our friends have been to the venue and should know, it's mostly family I was thinking of. Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards