Just Engaged and Proposals

Did you know it was coming?

So my BF and I have been talking about getting engaged and married for a few months now. Two weeks ago, he took me ring shopping and then later let it spill that he planned to buy my engagement ring with his tax check and even told me to expect a proposal by the end of March. No doubt I'm excited! I can't wait to marry him! I've already been surfing The Knot like crazy to get wedding ideas. But as excited as I am, I feel like there's no element of surprise because I know it's coming. Granted, I don't know EXACTLY when or how he's going to ask. I'm just curious: Did you know your FI was going to propose before he did? Do you think it's important for it to be a surprise?

Re: Did you know it was coming?

• ejones08ejones08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I had been talking about getting married for awhile.  We went ring shopping together, and he told me when he was going to take the diamond his mom gave him to get it set.  About a month later I figured out that he had the ring.  And knowing him I knew it would be soon after that.  But I was still surprised when he proposed.  Before he proposed I was starting to get upset that it wouldn't be a surprise.  My only regret is that in order to surprise me it wasn't as romantic as I had always pictured.
  • I'm in the same boat as you ashisu84. My BF and I have been talking about getting married for a while now, but no proposal. He asked me to pick out a ring setting and a stone cut, which I did. Now I've been waiting for the proposal. The other day he  made some comments that strongly suggested that he's going to propose. He said asked me if I have plans the following weekend and that he's going to do something that he's been wanting to do for a long time. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions and make expectations, just in case I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I too have those concerns- it's not going to be a surprise as far as when it's going to happen, but it will be a surprise in HOW it's going to happen. That man can't keep a secret very well. Ha! Nonetheless, I'm so happy to be with him, engagement, marriage, or not!
  • 3ringnecklace3ringnecklace member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Very excited for you!! Post details when it happens!
  • Just like you ladies, my engagement was not a surprise because I knew it was coming; I just didn't know how or when. DH and I have been friends for many years before getting together, so when we did start to date it was to see if we were "the one" for each other. Although you may be expecting a proposal, you will still be excited by how your future fiance chose to propose and that you are officially engaged!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards