Attire & Accessories Forum

Do you care if your shoes "match" the wedding?

I think we've finally decided on the color scheme- mint and grey. I am SO drawn to heels I find in red, blue, purple. Would that be totally weird or awkward to have shoes that don't match anything? (just me not the BMs) 

Re: Do you care if your shoes "match" the wedding?

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    If your gown is floor length, your shoes won't even show.  It will just be something that only you see/know of and perhaps the shoes might be in a picture or two.  So, the colour doesn't *really* matter, however, I would personally wear shoes that either go with the dress or the colours of the wedding because I am matchy-matchy. 
    edited to clarify
  • I'd personally go with the quirkly off-color shoes, especially if you have a long dress.  They'll be a unique and fun detail, (that most people wont really notice).  Plus if you get blue ones you can always call them your "something blue"
  • I was wondering the same thing - so thanks for asking!!  My colors are purple (eggplant/plum) and yellow (sunflower) and I wanted "Tiffany" blue shoes for my 'something blue'

Anniversary
  • Wear whatever shoes you want. I obsessed over finding shoes to match and in the end had to kick them off and get married barefoot. I wish I hadn't spent the time I did worrying over shoes matching.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    Wear whatever shoes you want. I obsessed over finding shoes to match and in the end had to kick them off and get married barefoot. I wish I hadn't spent the time I did worrying over shoes matching.
    @AddieL73 - was that just due to having to walk in the grass?
  • Yes, it was. It had been misting all morning, and the ground was wet and soft and I had accidentally ordered the wrong size Solemates and didn't check them until the morning of the wedding, Ooops! It was actually a great thing that it happened, and looking back, I regret the time wasted worrying about shoes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am wearing Navy Blue shoes!!! It's more fun than white or ivory - plus I think it shows my fun side and adds a bit of non-tradition to my traditional dress!!  
  • Wear whatever shoes you want. Chances are, no one will even really see your shoes if you're wearing a long dress.
  • I bought shoes to match the wedding. I see all the fun shoes that girls post on here though and I wish I could get out of my own head and buy something fun. I say if you're fine with it then you should go for it.
  • @AddieL73 I freakin love shoes and think I'm more stoked about picking those out than the dress haha so to me it's not wasting time "worrying" about it, I find it exciting to pick them out :) 

• Your shoes could be your something blue! And i think all the colours(blue and purple) you like would be beautiful. Are they long dresses b/c then i guess it really doesn't matter. And personally i hate the idea of green/red colour combos unless you are planning a christmas-themed wedding... but that's just me.. the only time of year i can stand red and green together is at christmas.. lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • You're missing the point. My point was that it's a waste of time to worry over them matching or not. If you love some colorful shoes, get them and wear them whether they "match" or not. I wasted time finding shoes that matched perfectly in ivory and champagne like my dress and didn't even wear them. If I had worn shoes I wanted, I would have worn some awesome blue ones that I saw that took me zero time to find. Instead, I cared that they matched, and I regret it.
  • AddieL73 said:
    You're missing the point. My point was that it's a waste of time to worry over them matching or not. If you love some colorful shoes, get them and wear them whether they "match" or not. I wasted time finding shoes that matched perfectly in ivory and champagne like my dress and didn't even wear them. If I had worn shoes I wanted, I would have worn some awesome blue ones that I saw that took me zero time to find. Instead, I cared that they matched, and I regret it.
    ooh good call! 

• I was wondering the same thing - so thanks for asking!!  My colors are purple (eggplant/plum) and yellow (sunflower) and I wanted "Tiffany" blue shoes for my 'something blue'
    I thought of doing this too! My colors are eggplant and champagne and I would love to have blue shoes for my something blue! My mom told me it was a horrible idea... but I might just do it anyway! ;)
  • I cared at first, but now I'm glad I can stop looking. 
    I wanted to get blue shoes too, 
     but went dress shopping with an ivory pair of peptoes, which go well with the dress I picked and only cost me $15... both the sales person and my mom said that I don't need to look for other shoes, because nobody is going to notice minor differences in colour anyway as nobody is going to see them underneath my dress. Don't worry, you are probably the only one who remembers the shoes you've been wearing. 

If you are someone who loves to buy shoes, get out there and buy whatever you want. If you hate shopping for shoes (like I do), just take which ever pair you feel most comfortable in!
  • I'm getting married in my cowboy boots :) but I'm having a country/rustic wedding so it "matches" I guess.. :)  Do what makes you happiest :)
  • I am getting blue shoes. They will be my something blue and won't match my color scheme. I love the pop of color royal blue adds to the white dress 
  • My shoes are going to be my something blue and it matches the BMs dresses. They don't necessarily match my dress, they are just nice dark blue dress shoes =) So I don't think it really matters. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would not worry about matching but would avoid colors that actually clash. In your case I would vote for blue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually bought my shoes before we had settled on colors. I have a long dress so they won't really be visible anyway. My colors are hot pink and turquoise blue. The shoes are these gorgeous heels. Blue crystal with silver spike heels! *squeal* They don't quite match but I love them!
  • I found killer teal shoes today on clearance and bought them! Since we haven't gotten the BM mint dresses yet, I may just change it to teal :) but even if we keep with mint I'm not concerned it with no matching. Yay thanks guys! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards