Chit Chat

Proposal planners?

I'm watching Cake Boss and this woman is on there who is a proposal planner. I can't believe that this is a real profession.

Re: Proposal planners?

• jdluvr06 said:
    I'm watching Cake Boss and this woman is on there who is a proposal planner. I can't believe that this is a real profession.
    For serious...? That seems like a bit much to me.
  • I saw that! The proposal wasn't even that amazing. If you're going to spend money to hire someone, I think it should be really incredible. The boyfriend reminded me of the goofy self-conscious guy on the movie Hitch, who needs to hire someone to help him get a girlfriend.
  • I hate that. It just plays off the idea that all men are stupid and incapable of taking care of themselves which is totally wrong and very sexist -- but it's what pretty much all media is telling us anymore. 
    Right? It's deplorable.
  • I'm happy there are no pictures because we were getting ready to go to bed at 2 am and I was naked and he was in his underwear hahaha

• No pics of us either!  It was a quiet moment between the two of us and I'm glad it was like that.

However, I still give Fi shit because he didn't get down on his knee.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• There is a video of mine. Although the video was unplanned and spur of the moment by a friend who was present. So was the proposal since my FI decided he couldn't wait until the next day as he had planned on.

I didn't need/want video or pictures though and him proposing in my living room was the most endearing thing ever. It was us in our favorite spot the day before my birthday. Best birthday present of my life so far. I didn't even notice our friend was filming...but it got sent to all of FI's out of town relatives. So super embarrassing video of me in shock trying not to cry.
  • We were lying in bed on a Saturday morning, talking. He got up and left the room and I got super annoyed. "Why are you leaving when we're in the middle of talking??" Because he was going to get the engagement present, dummy. (He bought a bracelet instead of a ring.)
  • I'm happy there are no pictures because we were getting ready to go to bed at 2 am and I was naked and he was in his underwear hahaha
    haha that is awesome!
  • I read an article about this profession. One client spent $40,000 on a proposal. Forty thousand. I can't imagine what their wedding will cost. Im sure girls on pinterest would love that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• How meaningful would it be knowing that your FI didn't plan that emotional moment but instead a total stranger did?
  • emmyg65 said:
    We were lying in bed on a Saturday morning, talking. He got up and left the room and I got super annoyed. "Why are you leaving when we're in the middle of talking??" Because he was going to get the engagement present, dummy. (He bought a bracelet instead of a ring.)
    I had a very similar proposal. One Monday morning he woke me up and just randomly walked out to give me my engagement present. 

He said he woke up and it just "felt right" to propose. No planning whatsoever. And I love it because its my proposal story.

• PDKH said:

How hard is it to plan a way to say "Will you marry me?"

I was whining about being hungry and FI opened the box upside down.

I had called H on my way home in a terrible mood and told him all I wanted to do that night was put my PJs on and eat enchiladas. He considered for a split second thought about not doing it that night.

Haha! Your poor H. What a dilemma!

Yeah, we were supposed to be going out to dinner and he was like, "Let's go for a quick walk in the park first." No, dude, I was hungry. He said he was internally really annoyed with me.

• Ridiculous.  Why can't the person proposing figure out and plan what he/she wants to do?  Also, making a big production out of everything takes away from the romance and special-ness of it, IMO.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm happy there are no pictures because we were getting ready to go to bed at 2 am and I was naked and he was in his underwear hahaha
    haha that is awesome!
    Yeahhh, it was pretty unforgettable haha. Obviously, not planned on his part. The funniest part for me was that we had been out to dinner with family and friends earlier that night, and he randomly told me during dinner (!) he almost proposed that morning... and then decided not to. So I spent all night dying to ask him why he almost proposed and why he chose not to.

By the time we got home, I practically pounced on him with questions (after hours in suspense haha), and he told me he had spent the last few weeks googling stuff about proposals and asking his brother what to do... And then just chickened out. Then he told me he was going to get a glass of water before bed and just walked away! 10 minutes later, we were getting ready for bed and he was proposing... And then I cried and asked if he was serious (twice), because I wanted to make sure it was actually happening after all of that haha

(ETF spelling)

• How meaningful would it be knowing that your FI didn't plan that emotional moment but instead a total stranger did?

But if it was Pinterest Perfect and everyone will be totes jelly of you, then you obviously won. 

(end sarcasm)

Exactly! And if he choreographed a special dance/ rented out a stadium/ hi jacked the previews at a movie/ made sure your hair, make up and nails are perfect but didnt hire a professional photographer and videographer you won't be able to post it all over the internet and then what's the point?!?

I'm not sure what caused this damn outrageous proposals and wedding thing but it's getting really annoying. I'll take our kitchen proposal one random afternoon over any over the top spectacle some poor guy felt like he was required to do....

• PDKH said:
    PDKH said:

How hard is it to plan a way to say "Will you marry me?"

I was whining about being hungry and FI opened the box upside down.

I had called H on my way home in a terrible mood and told him all I wanted to do that night was put my PJs on and eat enchiladas. He considered for a split second thought about not doing it that night.

Haha! Your poor H. What a dilemma!

Yeah, we were supposed to be going out to dinner and he was like, "Let's go for a quick walk in the park first." No, dude, I was hungry. He said he was internally really annoyed with me.

The day before (he had planned a romantic weekend getaway and I was going on a sort of scavenger hunt) I was really angry and upset because he had me driving around all morning unable to have breakfast or lunch and also because he told me to cancel a party we were supposed to be going to and I got mad because i had to cancel last minute. HA to my surprise obviously he couldnt tell me beforehand because he was going to propose. I made him so frustrated :( it worked out in the end though 

• i saw one from around here on Dec 21st and it was beautiful but so public and such a spectacle I would have been so embarrassed! Id take our romantic sail boat ride any day. I wish he'd given the guy sailing the boat the camera but we still got amazing pics afterward and it was wonderful!

• its a good thing there are no pictures of ours either...I was in his t shirt and my underwear

Anniversary
    But if it was Pinterest Perfect and everyone will be totes jelly of you, then you obviously won. 

(end sarcasm)
    Exactly! And if he choreographed a special dance/ rented out a stadium/ hi jacked the previews at a movie/ made sure your hair, make up and nails are perfect but didnt hire a professional photographer and videographer you won't be able to post it all over the internet and then what's the point?!? I'm not sure what caused this damn outrageous proposals and wedding thing but it's getting really annoying. I'll take our kitchen proposal one random afternoon over any over the top spectacle some poor guy felt like he was required to do....
    You forgot to ask the parents! She would've denied him because of that super important snowflake rule.

(end sarcasm)
    Exactly! And if he choreographed a special dance/ rented out a stadium/ hi jacked the previews at a movie/ made sure your hair, make up and nails are perfect but didnt hire a professional photographer and videographer you won't be able to post it all over the internet and then what's the point?!? I'm not sure what caused this damn outrageous proposals and wedding thing but it's getting really annoying. I'll take our kitchen proposal one random afternoon over any over the top spectacle some poor guy felt like he was required to do....
    You forgot to ask the parents! She would've denied him because of that super important snowflake rule.
    And hel-loooo... He NEEDS to use her full name, otherwise the whole relationship is doomed. DUH.

(end sarcasm)

Exactly! And if he choreographed a special dance/ rented out a stadium/ hi jacked the previews at a movie/ made sure your hair, make up and nails are perfect but didnt hire a professional photographer and videographer you won't be able to post it all over the internet and then what's the point?!?

I'm not sure what caused this damn outrageous proposals and wedding thing but it's getting really annoying. I'll take our kitchen proposal one random afternoon over any over the top spectacle some poor guy felt like he was required to do....

And hel-loooo... He NEEDS to use her full name, otherwise the whole relationship is doomed. DUH.

And he best be crying when she walks down the aisle or else!
  • You're right!! She will have to turn around and walk down the aisle several times until that oaf gets it right and cries/follows the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards