October 2014 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates!

Today I ordered our STD magnets! We decided to go with Vistaprint because they have a groupon coupon of $45 for $15. I was able to save over 75.00 with two of them. Now I just have to wait 2 weeks for them to come in the mail. 

I just dont know when to send them out. I don't want to send them out too early, but I don't want to wait too long either because most of our guests are from OOT. If your using STDs when are you sending yours out?

Re: Save the Dates!

• Options
    Ooooo very cute (and good one on the groupon deal)! I'll be interested in the responses here; one of my friends is getting married June 2014 and sent her STDs out back in March (yikes)... I thought I read to send them 4-6 months before the wedding, but since we're having a lot of OOT guests we'll probably send 6-7 months ahead of time.

• Options

We're sending our STD magnets from Vista Print after the new year, about 9 months prior to the wedding. 

If you have people travelling from far away, it makes it easier for them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am planning on ordering our whole suite in Feb from VP and I will mail out the STDates once I get them and address them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're planning on sending ours in February too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going a bit early and sending them out the last week of this month. Every guest (including my FI and me) is coming from out of state with the exception of my parents, so it's basically a DW. We're getting married in a big resort area, and one of the hotels that we're using for room blocks told us a couple weeks ago that there's also a big convention coming to town the same weekend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love your save the dates! We are planning on sending ours out about 10 months prior, our wedding is on a Friday so we wanted to give everyone plenty of planning time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a lot of OOT guests as well, so I'm sending mine around Thanksgiving, which will be about 10 months before the wedding.  I know generally they should go out about 6-9 months ahead of time, but since about half our guests will need to fly across the country I want to give them as much notice as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was already planning to use Vista Print for our STD and Invitations...thanks for the heads up on the Groupon!
  • Options
    What a great idea to make magnets. I haven't a clue as to the time frame to send them out though. Sorry I am not of any help.
  • Options
    @tharkrider They have groupons all the time! Just go to groupon and search Vistaprint. I ended up getting 80 3"x5" magnets, 80 colored envelopes and 80 plain white envelopes for plus shipping for $92. 

The 80 white envelopes were free, but I plan on using them for RSVP cards since I plan on DIYing my invitations or for DIY thank you cards. 
  • Options
    Belle2188 I think I might do the same. We can block out the hotel rooms starting Nov 1st. and I would like to get them in the mail before all of the holiday cards start flooding the post office. We're in NY and most of our guests are from CA, CO, IL, AZ, NC, SC and PA. I want them to be able to get the best deals on both the hotel and on airfare. 
  • Options
    We're sending ours out in December. We decided to use them as holiday cards/STD. Two birds one stone :) We're doing our photos this weekend! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Love your magnet idea!!!! They turned out great :)

We would like to send ours slightly early (wedding in MN and our families are in ND and IA) but I have no idea when we are doing our engagement pics.... so we'll see
  • Options
    We got our Save the Dates from VP too. Definitely make an account cause they send coupons and deals ALLL the time. We got our Save the Dates for cheap and they had pics and everything. Its kinda awesome for budget stuffs. 

We have lots of out of town families coming in for the wedding too so I plan to have ours out before Thanksgiving. I mean the more time to plan and save to come to an event the better, I feel. 
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Tesa1987 I made an account and ended up getting a $100 off a $200 purchase coupon in my order. I'm starting to rethink on whether I should DIY my invitations or order them through VP because they're so cheap. I know I will be ordering Thank You cards through them with that price. Ones for the bridal shower and ones for the wedding. I might even order programs. I have to do the math. (can you tell I have a touch of OCD?)

• Options
    How exciting. Sounds like your getting your planning done quick.
  • Options
    We are getting married 10/11/14 and have decided to incorporate our STD's with our holiday cards...its a little early but we've been engaged almost 2 years already and people keep asking us when our wedding is so we figured this would let everyone know :)

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tigger75 We are getting married the same day, and doing the same thing with our STD's. I think it's a fantastic idea :)
  • Options
    I think we're planning on January as most of my side of the guests will be coming from out of town. We've already unofficially notified those requiring flights to attend so that they can start looking at fares as soon as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered my STD and I plan on sending them out ASAP because of all my out of town guest that need constant reminders.  I think maybe 6 months out is pretty standard.
  • Options
    I ordered my save the dates and they are being shipped to me today!  Can't wait to see them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    weeniedogsweeniedogs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    We ordered our Save the Dates and received them a week or so before Christmas. I couldnt be more happy by the way they came out! We did it through Wedding Paper Divas and they went above and beyond my expectations. We will be sending them out this weekend, since we didnt want to send them during the holidays where it would be easier for them to get either lost or delayed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards