Wedding Reception Forum

fancy features - giant coloring page

frogger17frogger17 member
edited December 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
Hi everyone!  I found this really great idea for a reception activity.  This company will produce giant coloring pages for guests to color throughout the event.  My fiance and I have always loved coloring together and I was was looking for a unique activity for the wedding.  I would love to use this company but I think that we probably won't be able to afford them.  Does anybody know of a different company that does something similar?  I would love to find a way to make this work!

http://www.fancyfeatures.com/shop/custom-made/

Please only respond if you have helpful information.  I'm not interested in your personal opinion of the idea.

Re: fancy features - giant coloring page

• frogger17 said:
    Hi everyone!  I found this really great idea for a reception activity.  This company will produce giant coloring pages for guests to color throughout the event.  My fiance and I have always loved coloring together and I was was looking for a unique activity for the wedding.  I would love to use this company but I think that we probably won't be able to afford them.  Does anybody know of a different company that does something similar?  I would love to find a way to make this work!
    I'd save your money.....I'm not aware of any adults that still color.  You don't need a reception activity.  If you provide good food, drink and music, guests will mingle and have a great time.
  • My 'helpful information' is that I don't know of a single adult who would think this was a cute or appropriate idea for a wedding reception. They'd send their kids over to do it and keep them out of everyone's hair.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
  • if you really want to do this find a picture you would like to have colored and see if it can be blown up at staples or kinkos 
  • I'm an artist, and I'd be side eyeing this.

Cute for kids. Maybe cute if you like, actually drew the image turned into a coloring page.

It would be more memorable for your guests to upgrade food.

Anniversary
  • I don't think adults will do this, and if you're hoping to have a keepsake from it, I am worried you'll be disappointed.  
  • You don't need activities at your reception, unique or otherwise, and most adults don't color anymore. At least not at a gathering with other adults.
  • Sorry, I'd rather drink and dance than color at a wedding (and I love coloring with my niece). I can't imagine many people sitting down to finish coloring.

I'd save your money for something guests will love: bar/food upgrade, extra dessert, late night snacks, etc.

• As cute as it sounds in theory, I don't think you'll get the results you're hoping for (assuming you want to keep this as a keepsake). It's a neat idea, but I just don't really foresee it turning out well.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I am trying to picture a bunch of adults sitting at a wedding reception coloring, but I can't. You know why? Because that shit would never happen. So my helpful information is not to do this and not embarrass yourself at your wedding. 

ETA: I clicked the link, and at least it's not like a bunch of coloring pages on the tables, which makes it less ridiculous. However, I still do not see many people participating in this, and I believe at the end of the night, you will find a half-colored (if even that much) picture and be disappointed. Then what are you going to do, color it in yourself?  Also, what if a kid goes up to it and colors very messily on it? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This might be a good kids' activity, but most adults won't go for it.
  • I think it's a really good idea. I'm thinking about doing something like this at my wedding. My whole family would love this.
  • frogger17 said:

http://www.fancyfeatures.com/shop/custom-made/

Please only respond if you have helpful information.  I'm not interested in your personal opinion of the idea.

OP - You cannot dictate how people post.  

And quite frankly, if most everyone told me my idea sucked, I'd be thanking them for saving me from embarrassment.  We are the voice behind what your guests will be thinking.
  • CaliMel11CaliMel11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    This might be cute for a birthday party, but I don't think it's great for a wedding. Most people would rather have you spend the extra money on food or drinks for them, not coloring pages.
    I mean, sorry, but $1200 for a coloring page?
    That just seems like a total waste of money to me. You could just buy another entree option or an appetizer or something with that money instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards