Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hunger Games

When I saw Kattniss' makeup in Catching Fire, I fell in LOVE!  But, is it too over the top for real life?  I don't want to look ridiculous.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hunger Games

• Options
    I think the crystals under the eyes are a bit much. If you usually wear more dramatic makeup I think the rest is okay, but if you have a more natural look everyday, I think it will be too big a departure for your wedding. I hate when people look totally different in their wedding pictures. You should look like the best version of yourself, not someone else.
  • Options
    I think all along the bottom of the eye that's a lot of diamonds but maybe a diamond or two either near the edge of the eye closest to the nose or the opposite edge?

Not a real big fan of over the top make up but it looks beautiful on her!

OP - do a trial run. Take this exact photo to your MUA =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally like the look but I like dramatic makeup. I suggest going for a trial run or looking for a YouTube video and try to replicate it Yourself to get an idea on how you like the look on yourself. Sometimes a look on someone else will look way different on you, so it's best to get that idea of how it will flatter you.

I like the gems but if you feel its too much, you could try one underneath each eye or a a shimmery silver eye shadow.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I personally couldn't carry off the gems under the eyes or the really extended liner/lashes that are at the edge of the eye. But if you do dramatic makeup on a regular basis, then the extended liner/lash look you could probably easily pull off. The gems? Well think of this, do you think you might have any regrets in 10-15 years when you look at your photos?
  • Options
    GrrArghGrrArgh member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    an alternative is to do a crystal at the inner and outter points of each eye, very dramatic without being completely over the top imho OR you could forgo the crystals and use a shimmer silver color as a lower lid liner. Gives the light shimmer effect without all the crystal glue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards