Honeymoon Discussions

December honeymoon - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Hi everyone!  My fiance and I are going to Excellence Playa Mujeres for our honeymoon the 2nd weekend in December.  Has anyone ever been there before?  If so, did you do any excursions?  What were your favorites? Any suggestions on what to pack? We are so excited to get away and relax, but we have never been to an all inclusive resort and really do not know what to expect!! Any feedback is appreciated! :)

Re: December honeymoon - Excellence Playa Mujeres

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2013

we're in cancun and RM every december for our timeshare weeks-the weather's generally great. we;ve done a ton of excursions. what interests you-adventure? exploration? nature? water sports? fishing?

what to pack. check the resorts dress code. then from there-some swimsuits for the pool, a cover up, bring a few shirts/skirts/dresses for dinner. bring items that can be worn together to switch things up and avoid overpaking. toiletries (use trial size bottles and discard before you fly home), sunscreen immodium pepto bismol, any meds you need (those shoudl go in your carry on), hair brush etc..

• Please post how it is when you get back. We are looking at the same place! The reviews are wonderful! 
  • I am just seeing these responses! We have decided to wait to plan any excursions until we get there and see what all they have! 

The reviews are what sold us on the place. I will definitely write a review on TripAdvisor and on here, when we get back! :)
  • I LOVED LOVED LOVED that resort! I went there 2 weeks after they opened for business (approx. 6 yrs ago). I loved it so much in fact that I am going on my honeymoon to their sister location Excellence Cancun.

The spa is amazing! The pools are relaxing and the rooms are incredible! I loved the bed on the balcony!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Excellence Riviera Cancun for our honeymoon and it was the most amazing place!  We did the Jungle Boat Snorkeling tour which was a lot of fun.  You got to drive your own speedboat and go snorkeling.  We loved the place so much we went to Excellence Playa Mujeres for our 1 year anniversary.  I'm not sure if it was because it was our honeymoon but we liked the Riviera Cancun one a little more.  But both are really amazing!  I also recommend doing the romantic dinner on the beach!
  • We loved everything about it!! We are already planning to go back next year! I will be writing a review soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards