Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Punta Cana Ground Transportation: Taxi versus Pre-Arranged Car Service

We are in the home stretch before the wedding and honeymoon!

We are staying at Excellence Punta Cana and I have just purchased our  tourism cards so we can skip the big line.

I'm trying to figure out if we should just plan on getting a taxi at the airport versus arranging for a car service (pre-paid).  I am a frequent traveler so the taxis don't scare me, but I have seen a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor that sometimes it is hard to find your specific driver/transportation company due to the chaos of arriving and departing passengers in an open air airport.

It sounds sound like either method is cheaper since we are about 45 minutes or so from the airport.  My biggest concern is getting to the resort and onto the beach as soon as possible.  :) 

Does anyone have any advice?  

Thanks!
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Punta Cana Ground Transportation: Taxi versus Pre-Arranged Car Service

• Options
    I've been all over (24 countries, 5 continents) and I think it's always worth it to have that person waiting holding up your name! Eliminates a whole lot of potential trouble and kicks the trip off the right way- like you said immediately to the beach with no nonsense. 

• Options
    We just booked the Excellence too!!!  We're not very big travelers and added the airport transportation with our booking.

(We went to the Beloved in Cancun last March, which is a sister hotel of the Excellence, so we are pumped about this hotel!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do the prearranged.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards