Nevada-Las Vegas

Flat shoes!

Hi all

I brought heels for my wedding ages ago! however I have now changed my mind and am having flats as I cant walk in heels plus I want to be comfy walking the strip at night!

I am thinking the mermaid blue on this website

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/95201935/something-blue-bridal-shoes-wedding?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=flat+blue+wedding+shoes&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all

Re: Flat shoes!

• posted before I had finished!

Can I please have your opinions. My sister doesn't like them but my friend does, I know its my choice in the end but would still like opinions! :) thank you in advance

• whosaidsamwhosaidsam member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014

I wore neon coral Tom's to my wedding and it was probably the best decision I've ever made. I was comfortable the whole day while my friends were dying in their heels. I've only gotten compliments on my footwear choice.

I think those flats are super cute! My vote is yes.

• Im going the flat route as well because my DF is only an inch taller than me and I dont want to tower over him on our wedding day and in pictures, so I say go for it- to be comfy and happy is way better than uncomfortable and sad!
     lol
  • I wore flats to my wedding, one of the best decisions! I was comfortable all day/night even though I was standing or dancing the whole time. I think flats can be just as awesome as high heels! Your choice looks great!
  • I love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @seniorprincesslnhs I have the same problem with being almost the same height as my fiancé, he thinks I'm silly for complaining I can't wear heels around him so I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • My wife wore flats on wedding day and was glad she did; there was a LOT of walking in and around Mandalay during picture time and then of course table to table during reception, dancing after that, so on and so forth.  She'd have been in pain being on her feet in heels for eight hours.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Im seriously considering wearing flats for the whole thing too. I hardly ever wear heels and find them uncomfortable. But I havent given up my search of nice low heels.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I think I am defiantly going to have flats. Thank you for your advice! I don't wear heels much and I have bad joints due to a medical condition so don't want to make them worse! would rather enjoy my day more :)  
  • I already bought my heels and I love them but we plan on going out to a club the night of the wedding so I'm really thinking of wearing flats in between photos on the photo strip tour lol just to save my feet from being in heels all day and night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I'm wearing heels for the ceremony and our portrait photo's but I'll most likely be in flats the rest of the time as although I love heels I don't wear them often and aren't used to them!  I've also got some cushion inserts for the heels to take the edge off a bit.  I'd only used gel inserts before but after talking with someone in a department store they think the old fashioned fabric sponge type inserts provide more cushioning so I'm going to give them a go.  Mine are closed toe and closed back though so I've got that option but they might not work on more open shoes.
  • Those are very cute. I will be wearing flats seeing as how my hubby to be and I are the same height, and I want to be comfortable on the day of our wedding.
  • I'm short.. so no flats for me on my wedding day.. though i love flats on a daily basis
    what I did get was wedged runners! to wear under my wedding dress when we're out taking pictures with the photographer :) 
    Our wedding day also marks our 11th anniversary of being together :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm definately a 6 inch heels kind of girl, and I'm pretty good running around in them at 12hr dance parties so I'm hoping it's the same as a 12hr wedding day!

BUT I think those flats are super cute!!!!!!!!
  • I am wearing heels! Im trying to avoid alteration costs, and im short:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those shoes are very cute and fun! I love the look of heels and have a lot of them but rarely actually wear them.... I might be wearing a short dress, so not sure, if I can get away with flats.

Will you have to shorten your dress if you wear flats? If not then just wear heels for photos but flats for the rest of the time?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually decided to go with mid heels. I wasn't 100% sure on any flats and I looked on ebay and feel in love with some mid heels! I will take a pair of white/silver flats that I already have just in case. I still need to av my dress altered as I am not very tall but all my alterations are in with the price of my dress. Thank you for all your advice xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards