Wedding Party

Future Sister-in-Law... suggestions needed

Hey everyone!  Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.  I have a question regarding my futuer sister-in-law:

So even though my FI has asked my brother to be a groomsman, I did not ask my FSIL to be a bridesmaid due to our age difference (I'm 27, my FI and brother are both 30, and my FSIL is in her mid-40's).  I love her and it's not that I didn't want her in our WP, I just didn't want her to feel obligated to buy a bridesmaid dress, come early to the venue to get ready with all of my friends and I, etc.  I know that she is more than okay with not being a bridesmaid (if not very relieved).

My question is, is there any other way to include her (that does not involve being in charge of a guestbook and/or seating guests)?  I am open to having her do a reading (only if she wants to, I would never force her to), but is there anything else that I might not be thinking of?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Future Sister-in-Law... suggestions needed

• Reader, singer, or bridesmaid are really the only options.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    PrettyGirlLost
  • If she would like to, you could invite her to get ready with you (this is touchy though and really depends upon the entourage you'll have with you - if mothers, aunts, grandmothers, etc. will be around she would feel less awkward) and/or you could get her a corsage. 

Otherwise yeah, reader or bridesmaid. 
    PrettyGirlLost
  • Gary, my FI, has a sister in law that is in her late 30's and his sister is in her late 20's. I'm 21 and I asked them both to be my bridesmaids because I'm close to them. They know him well and I've come to them for advice and such in the past. I think it's all up to how close you are with them. His other SIL I'm not very close with so I didn't ask her. No offense taken I'm assuming. But maybe she could the MC at the reception? Maybe just for introducing you and your new hubs and the party? Idk. Or maybe you could put her in charge of the bridal shower? I'm new at this fiance status stuff too so I'm still trying to figure other stuff out too.

Just can't wait til July 11th, 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rose0068 said:

Gary, my FI, has a sister in law that is in her late 30's and his sister is in her late 20's. I'm 21 and I asked them both to be my bridesmaids because I'm close to them. They know him well and I've come to them for advice and such in the past. I think it's all up to how close you are with them. His other SIL I'm not very close with so I didn't ask her. No offense taken I'm assuming. But maybe she could the MC at the reception? Maybe just for introducing you and your new hubs and the party? Idk. Or maybe you could put her in charge of the bridal shower? I'm new at this fiance status stuff too so I'm still trying to figure other stuff out too.

Hell no. Absolutely not. You don't get to 'put' anyone in charge of your bridal shower. You only get a shower IF someone offers. Only if. Only then. But don't ask someone to throw you a shower. Ever.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
    doeydoPrettyGirlLostbreehollister
  • Well, maybe you didn't see the part after that?? I just said I'm new at this too. So if someone is supposed to throw you one, well, alright. Don't throw a fit over it.

Just can't wait til July 11th, 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You could ask her (only if you want to) to be a bridesmaid, groomslady or groomsmaid, or reader.  You could also get her a corsage and/or ask her if she wants to get ready with you the day of.  
  • I think a reader is a very nice gesture!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards