June 2012 Weddings

Monday checks!

post away!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday checks!

• Well, i have a phone conference today with the ceremony musicians. I still don't really have any ideas. LOL. It's a problem.

I know I am walking down the aisle to Rondeau, but no ideas for BM's.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We got nothing done WR except I had an amazing, wonderful church shower. :) We got so many great gifts. My mom got us 6 of our place settings... so pumped :)

NWR: I painted at the new hosue ALLLLLL day Saturday. My arm hurt so bad by the time I went home at 10PM! It was crazy! We are getting so close to being done though!

• Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1d7781af-6d9e-47f4-ac57-4cd4e48c01ecPost:07ea1d67-1fc9-4614-8a69-3c830f585588">Re: Monday checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got nothing done WR except I had an amazing, wonderful church shower. :) We got so many great gifts. My mom got us 6 of our place settings... so pumped :) NWR: <strong>I painted at the new hosue ALLLLLL day Saturday.</strong> My arm hurt so bad by the time I went home at 10PM! It was crazy! We are getting so close to being done though!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]
    this is next on my to do list: paint the kitchen and cabinets. Ugh, not looking forward to it but it needs to be done bad<div>
    </div><div>ETA: I posted this on Saturday's checks thread but I am so so excited about it that I want to share it again. We met with the DOC's on Saturday and everything is coming together so well! They had some great tips and are so excited for us. It helps that they are close friends with my mom, makes it a little more personal then a stranger helping us. FI also got fitted for tux's and now his brother and our dads can go ahead and get measured for theirs.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also called around and compared prices for engraving FI's band</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1d7781af-6d9e-47f4-ac57-4cd4e48c01ecPost:a1efee90-d108-45d1-aec0-c8b13ef5d1b5">Re: Monday checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday checks! :<strong> this is next on my to do list: paint the kitchen and cabinets. Ugh, not looking forward to it but it needs to be done bad</strong> ETA: I posted this on Saturday's checks thread but I am so so excited about it that I want to share it again. We met with the DOC's on Saturday and everything is coming together so well! They had some great tips and are so excited for us. It helps that they are close friends with my mom, makes it a little more personal then a stranger helping us. FI also got fitted for tux's and now his brother and our dads can go ahead and get measured for theirs. I also called around and compared prices for engraving FI's band
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

Painting looks fun until you start doing it.... its so deceiving! HAHA! I was painting trim,,,,, so I had to be SO careful (the walls are already done).... I felt like I didnt do that great of a job, but FI says it looks great now (now that its dry).... Ill have to go over and look. :)

Oh and I forgot my big check... we mailed invites on Saturday! All 167 of them! Eek!!!
  • Let's see:
    • Shower Saturday: It was so fun!
    • My mom is signing a parental consent form for the diocese because I'm not 21..sooooo stupid
    • We picked up our toasting flutes and server set. They look awesome!
    • We booked our night of hotel room! YAY!
    • I got my nails done for bridal portraits next week
    • I returned some duplicates from the shower this weekend and got a nice store credit at Kohl's. We're waiting to use it til after the wedding to finish stuff up there.
  • This weekend:
    -We ate at the Turkish restraunt on Friday and took our travel book down there. The family that runs the resturant gave us some great advice for our HM.
    -We got the RD invites in the mail
    -Had my first shower on Saturday it was great. I now need to get on the thank you's.

Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I booked our RD last night! i'm so excited because I love their food and the price isn't too crazy

I sent my MOH a list for the bachelorette in the city. My girls asked me if I wanted everybody to come to everything that they have planned and said I'd rather do the spa, and the pole dancing class with my bridal party, than dinner and club with everyone else. I am so excited about it

I need to find a really cute white dress for the evening.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1d7781af-6d9e-47f4-ac57-4cd4e48c01ecPost:ee192a64-a8f4-4773-bb63-8fe2ca0df491">Re: Monday checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday checks! : Painting looks fun until you start doing it.... its so deceiving! HAHA! I was painting trim,,,,, so I had to be SO careful (the walls are already done).... I felt like I didnt do that great of a job, but FI says it looks great now (now that its dry).... Ill have to go over and look. :) <strong>Oh and I forgot my big check... we mailed invites on Saturday! All 167 of them! Eek!!!</strong>
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]
    how could you forget that big check?? congrats, have fun getting back RSVP's in the mail
  • Invitations are in the mail! I can't wait to get the RSVPs back

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bought some lingere for the honeymoon and all undergarmets for the wedding day.  I posted another thread about my bra issues.  
    I finished FI's wedding present- edited a video that I made for him that will play at the RD. 
    I can't believe I'm less than two months now!  I hope the time goes quickly.
  • edited April 2012
    FI finally ordered our wedding bands!! SO excited!! He also found out that they place we got them from does free engraving! Can't wait to get that done!

I ordered my sparkly wedding shoes! I decided to go with the pumps because when I was trying on my BM dress for my cousin's wedding and went from no shoes to heels, my mom and Brandon practically freaked out with the difference. They said my posture was automatically better and I looked skinner - win.

We should FINALLY get our stamps in the mail today so I can work on assembling out invitations!!! I feel so bad that they're not out yet, but everyone will still have 3 weeks to get their RSVPs to us.

My wedding night lingerie should also be here today as well as my RD dress!!

I also sent in the form to get the print that we're going to use for our guestbook.

I also have a negative check. My mom's decided that she doesn't think her MOB dress is fancy enough, so she wants a new one. We think we found one that she likes, but she needs to try it on...and it's Lela Rose which normally takes longer to order than the time we have left before the wedding.
  • Got a whole new outfit for my Bachelorette.  Huge check cause I am the world's worst shopper.
    Also, along that same line, I needed a new strapless bra to wear with my new outfit and so I got one that I can wear with my wedding dress as well (if I decide to wear it with the modesty panel in)
    Also finally found some cobalt blue socks for FI to wear on the wedding day.
    Took mom's dress back to the bridal salon we got it at to show them how completely wrong the size they insisted we order is, and they agreed to pay for half of the alterations so we took her to the alterationist and got it pinned up.
    And then we got her some shoes to match her dress.
    Printed out the last invitations for our at-home reception.  Mom will distribute this week!
    Also, booked our car for Maui!!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This weekend 

WR- Purchased the pen for my guestbook and found my dress for my Bridal Shower.

NWR- Started packing Closing is on May 17th.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This past weekend:
    Had first shower on Sunday. Need to get organized and start on thank you notes.

Coming up in the month of May:
    Waiting for wedding invites to come in the mail.
    Zumba class tonight (still tired from shower)
    Hair trial Tuesday afternoon
    Make up trial Tuesday afternoon.
    Finish shower thank you notes.
    ( Will be done this week)
    Order RD invites
    First dress Fitting
    Finish buying gifts for girls
    book Hotelroom for wedding night and honeymoon.
    and much more.

Happy Planning!
    Anniversary
  • Bought all undergarmets for the wedding day, Thank you cards for bridal shower gifts,
     RD  invites. 

All our GM paid for tuxedo rental

Moved all our gifts to the condo. 

Not much left on my list yayyyyy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ordered supplies for the card box!  Yay!
    Secured wedding day transportation for me and FI.  Wedding party is OOT, so they will already have transportation, so no need to rent a limo or anything.  We're going to use FI's mom's big white SUV.  Perfect!
  • Had my other shower on Sat. And already got all my thank you cards written and stamped! Mailing out tomorrow! Whew!

This coming week, we are going to apply for our marriage license and we have our last premarital counsel next Sat. Need to finalize ceremony with officiant then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1d7781af-6d9e-47f4-ac57-4cd4e48c01ecPost:0eb92d77-249b-4f4a-abf3-353fc3c17f11">Re: Monday checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bought all undergarmets for the wedding day, Thank you cards for bridal shower gifts,  RD  invites.  All our GM paid for tuxedo rental Moved all our gifts to the condo.   <strong>Not much left on my list yayyyyy :)
    </strong>Posted by julianahenao881[/QUOTE]

same here and I love it!! I don't want to be stressed in the few weeks leading up to the wedding
  • -Emailed the lady doing the button-down shirts and handkerchiefs. Mailing them out to her tomorrow.
    -Found some tongs for the candy buffet
    -1 more groomsman got fitted. Only 4 more guys to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Found a vegitarian dish, finished THank you's, started getting al the final detals, (like cake and center pieces together) Started my deocrating plan. 
     I feel like I'm missing something, but  I need to go to work in a bit.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We had a big day here!

1) Mailed invites
    2) Started making pomanders
    3) Purchased supplies for cupcakes and crafts to be made
    and
    !!!!...drum roll....!!!!
    FI got a new, better paying job!

We were getting a little worried there for a second as the transition process turned out a little longer than we had expected. And this was just not a good time for it. We thought about it as God teaching us about the struggles of married life before we hit it haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards