Getting in Shape
Options

Starting my weight loss/wedding journey

Hello ladies!

My name is Cassie.  I've been engaged to my FI for 2 years and we've finally set a date!  It's March 7, 2015.  I keep going to look at dresses but I can never find one to settle on.  I think this is partially due to my body issues.  I've gained 40lbs over the past 4 years and I'm not happy with the way I look.  I'm starting my weight loss journey now.  I'm hoping that I can get down at least 20lbs before our wedding.  I would love the full 40 but I know that life happens so I'm willing to settle for 20.  I would love some tips.  I've been considering joining weight watchers.  Anyone doing that?

Re: Starting my weight loss/wedding journey

• Options
    I have a small FB accountability group on FB.  We have room for a few more brides.  We post our daily eats, challenges, workouts.  Message me or email me ALStormy@gmail.com if you'd like to join. I've lost 25 lbs in 3 months doing it.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I messaged you!
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

My name is Cassie.  I've been engaged to my FI for 2 years and we've finally set a date!  It's March 7, 2015.  I keep going to look at dresses but I can never find one to settle on.  I think this is partially due to my body issues.  I've gained 40lbs over the past 4 years and I'm not happy with the way I look.  I'm starting my weight loss journey now.  I'm hoping that I can get down at least 20lbs before our wedding.  I would love the full 40 but I know that life happens so I'm willing to settle for 20.  I would love some tips.  I've been considering joining weight watchers.  Anyone doing that?
    I did sign up for Weight Watchers.  I am in a similar boat...I have about 30 lbs to lose ideally.  This is my second full day following the WW program, and so far I am happy.  It definitely has me rethinking EVERYTHING I've ever been eating.  It makes me think, "Do I really want to waste 8 points on that cereal and milk in the morning?"  And the answer is definitely not.  I am looking forward to this journey...and so far, I would definitely recommend WW to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MyFitnessPal is a great tool! My best advice is to remember that weight loss has three components: diet, exercise, and attitude. Be sure you're eating right and working your body as well as having a positive "can do" attitude and you'll be successful. 
  • Options
    I've done WW in the past, and it is definitely a good system. Although, not entirely necessary, you can use other free tracking systems (my fitness pal) which also help. It's all about making better choices, exercising, and like @ElcaB mentioned, having a positive attitude. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards