Texas-Austin
Options

PLEASE HELP!! Wedding Venue Help needed!!

Darden05Darden05 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited November 2013 in Texas-Austin
Hello Knotties!

I need help so BADLY to find the perfect venue.  It is ideal to have a venue with a lake view but I do not want to spend more than $3500 for the venue.  Also, all these venues charge so much for the food equaling up to $5,000 or having a sky high minimum to meet, which is not what I want.  In total, I don't want to spend more than $8000 to $10,000...Also, it will be held on a Saturday in September.

I'm looking for an outdoor venue that has an option for the reception to be outside/ covered/ or inside...I'm open to reception options but I want the ceremony outside (both at the same place).  We will have about 65 guest and no less than 6 hours to reserve.  If there is a venue with a beautiful view and allows you to choose your own caterers/venders, PLEASE TELL ME!

I really want to see a lake view or even the hills....just without blowing my pocket.  I do not like the old antique looking places...If there isn't a lake view, I would like a nice beautiful landscape with trees and all that jazz.  If you know of one, had a wedding or been to one with all these things, HELP.ME.PLEEASE. For all the help, thank you in advance because I am stressing out so much I'm so over loking, I've looked at soo many! like (Vintage villas -no, la villa vista- no the oasis......idk with the time frame and price)

Re: PLEASE HELP!! Wedding Venue Help needed!!

• Options
    Trattoria Lisina in Driftwood.

We paid $3500 for the reception/food/alcohol and we had less than 75 guests.

Everyone raved about how amazing the food and wine was, and how beautiful the venue was.

Granted, we didn't do dancing, and we had the venue from 12-4pm, but, it's a start.
  • Options
    Heirloom Blooms in San Marcos is inexpensive, offers a delightful mesh of both outdoors and indoors, and has a variety of activities for guests all while keeping it green and environment friendly. The have camping, nature trails, friendly staff, and even a small collection of animals that make for cute photos or kid friendly fun.
  • Options
    Chapel Dulcinea just 20 minutes south of Austin. The outdoor chapel overlooks a gorgeous ravine and the best part is its FREE! just pay the $400.00 reservation fee and when you arrive the day of your wedding check in at the visitor center before your ceremony and they return your entire reservation fee, of course if you would like to donate a portion back to the facility for maintenance and upkeep it is appreciated.

The chapel is on the grounds of the Wizard Academy (a business school) and they have 3 reception venues that is also available for your reception if you are interested.
  • Options
    I got married at Chapel Dulcinea myself, but couldn't afford the reception venues on site due to the cost, which is why I held my reception at Trattoria Lisinia.

But, for a wedding venue, if you can work within an hour and a half time slot, Chapel Dulcinea can NOT be beat for the ceremony site!  ALL of my guests raved about how beautiful it was!
  • Options
    I would try the wildflower barn (http://www.thewildflowerbarn.com/). Everything is outside and rustic, but has a really nice charm to it with all of the strung lights in the trees. The owners are super accommodating. In the end it was't the perfect fit for me, but I think it would be great for a wedding your size. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards