April 2014 Weddings

Honeymoon - Backpacking Europe - 35 days - 8 countries

Hello everyone!

Just curious if anyone has been to Europe (and more importantly backpacked Europe) and if they can share any suggestions that my soon-to-be husband and I should make sure to see. I have researched for months online and talked to people about places to go, backpacks to use, etc; but I would still love to hear suggestions. We are on a tight deadline time (~3 days/place with Italy having a week). We are both physically fit and love to be adventurous! Our itinerary is so: START April 28: Ireland - Scotland - England - Netherlands - Germany - France - Spain - Portugal - Italy and return back to Canada June 2. As well we are both students and are looking for free/inexpensive things to see and do.

Any recommendations/suggestions would be phenomenal!

Thanks!

Jade

Re: Honeymoon - Backpacking Europe - 35 days - 8 countries

• I spent a month backpacking through Italy in 2006. I got a 60L pack from MEC in Toronto (not sure where you're located) and it suited me just fine.

I would suggest using camp-sites when in Italy. They are inexpensive and almost always located in the middle of the major cities so it makes getting around easier. It's not camping like in Canada, think more like hostels but cheaper.

Aside from that, I would look into getting a train pass to use to travel from country to country.

GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards