DC

Recommendations for on location hair and makeup?

I'm looking for any suggestions on hair and makeup?  I'm looking through reviews but I'm finding it difficult.

Re: Recommendations for on location hair and makeup?

• I'm using Melissa Michelle for my makeup. www.melissamichelle.com.  She did my makeup for my engagement photos and for my bridal shower and it was absolutely beautiful.  She is coming on-site to do my makeup on my wedding day.  I'm using Sheri Johnson for my bridesmaids' hair.  She is also coming on-site.  Sheri's email address is sherij80@yahoo.com

• I went through Best Face Forward  and I am completely happy with Kara (makeup) and Micaela (hair).  At my trial, Micaela got my vision for my hair after asking questions and just talking to me.  She also "knew" what my hair could/could not handle.  I've been going to Kara since probably January to help with some skin issues, but she "gets" those.  I know I am going to look flawless on my wedding day.  They are also doing my bridesmaids, MOH, MOB, and MOG hair & makeup that day.

If you haven't found anyone, I can let you know how that day goes (the 13th).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have the same question!  Bump!
  • I'm using Hair by Diane out of Arlington and the makeup is by Suzanne Lundy. I was sooooo happy with the makeup trial. The hair looked good, but I didn't really give a whole lot of direction, so I'm going to do another trial now that I know more what I want. They will come on site for no extra charge and no min on BMs.
  • I'm going with Jordan Winn. http://www.jordankwinn.com She was a rec from an industry friend. Her prices for BM's were some of the best the I found, which was important to me since I'm not paying for their hair/makeup and I wanted to give them a reasonable option. (They're not from DC and the sticker shock can be pretty intense ha!) I have not personally used her services yet, but I met with her and I know she will be great to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards