Flowers

Bouquet built on a bible?

Have any of you ever heard of/known someone who had their bouquet built on a small bible or other book?  My grandmother's bouquet was built on a small bible and my aunt has the bible, thinks it would be nice for me to use in my wedding, but I can't decide how I feel about it.  I think it would feel odd to carry, but I love my grandmother and she's 81 and her health is slowly declining and I think it would be a nice thing and special to her.  Do any of you know what this feels like to carry?
Thinking I might just do it anyway, deal with the weird-ish feeling for my grandma.

Re: Bouquet built on a bible?

• Can you borrow the book and walk around the house with it pretending you are walking down the isle? Also hold in a few different positions that you could see yourself posed in for wedding photos. If if doesn't feel comfortable, if you are having a ring bearer, what about instead of a pillow he carries the bibles & you can tie the rings with ribbon around the bible so they won't fall off? Another idea is if you are doing a blessing at dinner, what about finding a passage that fits the occasion, and use her bible to read it from and saying I found this wonderful passage from my grandmother's bible that she carried on her wedding day that I would like to share with you. Or if you are having readers & they are doing something from the bible, again they could use her bible and if you are doing programs you can add a little note, thank you to my grandmother for the use of her bible. Just a few different ideas.
  • Thanks, I think I'll try carrying it around a bit, that's the first idea I had.  The ring bearer idea is a good one too!  I have a possible ring bearer, but he'll be a little over 2 and might back out on it lol.  Thanks for the ideas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards