Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Is your fiance going with you to register, or someone else?

My fiancé has no interest in shopping, is it weird if I bring a friend or my mom with me instead?  they would be much more helpful!

Re: Is your fiance going with you to register, or someone else?

• Options
    Will your FI care what you end up getting?  

My husband was very interested in registering, so we went together.  We also did a lot of it online and did things in smaller chunks.  If your FI has no interest in walking around the store, maybe you can go together to just look at dishes (or some other item) so you can get a sense for what style he likes.  You will have some of this stuff for a very long time.
  • Options
    I did 99% of it myself (FI had no interest, my mom lives 2.5 hours away and my sister has three kids under 3).  I did a good chunk online and then took FI to Macy's to help pick out new bedding.  I wanted to make sure that he liked it (or at least didn't hate it).  Fortunately my taste isn't too feminine so he liked all of my favorites.

If your FI hates shopping DO NOT drag him along to help you decide every little detail.  Ask him if there is anything that he specifically wants or a style he absolutely hates and try to make your selections with him in mind.  If there is something he wants a say in you can do a trip to the stores and just focus on that one (or handful) of items and you can do everything else later.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We're registered on Amazon.com, but even if you're not registering there, he might be more interested in sitting at his computer and picking out things he likes, and then you can add those things at your stores.

My FI and I did a lot of it together, and I added some things on my own and let him know to check it out, in case he had other ideas.
  • Options
    FI and I registered together at Crate and Barrel, and I registered alone at Target and a regional department store. We then went through our registries together online.

Anniversary
  • Options
    He def has no interest and hates to shop.  we have lived together for a few years, in our own home, so there really isn't a whole lot we need.  I'll pretty much be just upgrading some stuff, but nothing that he'd really have much of an opinion on.  I figure I can go over the list I made with him, and let him add anything etc.  when I ask him about registering his response is lets register at home depot....that's more his interest, ha.  
  • Options
    jenni1221 said:
    He def has no interest and hates to shop.  we have lived together for a few years, in our own home, so there really isn't a whole lot we need.  I'll pretty much be just upgrading some stuff, but nothing that he'd really have much of an opinion on.  I figure I can go over the list I made with him, and let him add anything etc.  when I ask him about registering his response is lets register at home depot....that's more his interest, ha.  
    As far as I know, Home Depot only has individual store registries, so that won't work out so well.  If you are looking for a registry to include things he'll be more interested in, how about Sears?  We also registered for tools on Amazon. 
  • Options
    We went registering today FI came and wanted to be a part of it.

Anniversary

• Options
    One of my bridesmaids went with me. My husband is gone for 2 months at a time for work, and he was gone when I went to register. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My sister went with me to register. FI wasn't interested, but I showed him what I registered for after I did it. His eyes started glazing over about halfway through the list. At the end I asked him if he wanted to add anything and if he was ok with everything. He just said yeah, you use that stuff more than I do anyways. He didn't even want to register and he doesn't want gifts. We just made a small registry because my sister is throwing me a bridal shower and people kept asking what we wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards