South Carolina

Past Brides Help Myrtle Beach Wedding!

Okay so I'm having a beach wedding  June 2014, we are going through a wedding planner Myrtle Beach wedding etc. So far Cynthia has helped allot with my questions has anyone ever used her for wedding planning? I need help deciding a few things if any past brides can help. One of my questions was does anyone know of a good hair stylist that will come to the hotel to do our hair? I'm having the wedding at Kingston plantation so will probably be staying at one of the hotels there. My other family is trying to find a big house. Also i'm having a hard time deciding if I should use a DJ. She said it would cost between $500 to $600 and I want to be able to do out first dance and everything, but there will only be a total of 50 people or maybe even a little less and I just don't think everyone will dance. So not sure if anyone had any other recommendations or help or advice with anything. Right now Cynthia my wedding planner sets up most of everything for me so its nice!

Re: Past Brides Help Myrtle Beach Wedding!

• Wow - that sounds a bit inexpensive for a DJ.  Remember, the reception is not something to try to do on the cheap!  

We're getting married in Chrleston and we've booked Pinnacle Light And Sound.  They did my brother's wedding and were beyond anything we'd ever seen.  THat's why I hired them.  

I can tell you, working with them on planning has been unreal.  Better than our event planner! Since it sounds like having stuff done to help you out is important, you should google them and talk to the owner.  If you do, tell them I reccommended you!

Goog luck - it sound wonderful and exciting!!

Sioban

• Hello Bride to Be and Congratulations.  I am a wedding vendor in Myrtle beach and from my experience with weddings a DJ is definitely the way to go.  Many of them will set the mood for your entire event playing music while people are eating announcing you as Mr. and Mrs.  and going through the first dances as well as announcing all the typical events.  The price you quoted is quite reasonable for this area many charge the upwards of $1000.00.  

As far as your hair and possibly make up goes I offer that as one of my services if you are interested.  I charge $25.00 for hair and $25.00 for make up and do it on site as well as a trial run of both prior to your wedding.  If some of your bridal party members are opting for this service as well I offer discounts for the bride.  

I am not sure if you have already booked a photographer for your wedding, but that is my main occupation, I do the hair and make up for shoots at times and as an additional service for brides.  I am in the process of editing some wedding photos right now and should have them on my website within the next few weeks for viewing.  My event packages and prices are listed on the site as well as engagement sessions and trash the dress.  My event Packages start at $300.00 which is among one of the most reasonable photographer sin the area with a quality product.  

Phone: - 843-855-7159

E-mail: Kim_Roberts86@yahoo.com

I hope this information is helpful and if you need anything else please let me know I also have a boutique which custom designs centerpieces, jewelry, decorations, bridal party gifts and wedding accessories.  Weddings are a truly special event and I make it my business to make sure every client of mine gets superior treatment and a day to remember.  

Congratulations again Bride to Be and I hope to hear from you Smile
  • Hello!  I'm planning my wedding at Surfside Beach for August 31st, 2013.  I have booked Broadway Jake for our DJ.  I was quoted $700.  What I like about him is that he does a little bit of everything.  Even the rehersal dinner which is an extra fee for our minister!  I've heard great things about him and just wanted to share what I've heard.  Good luck to you and I'm sure your wedding will be beautifulSmile

• In Response to Re: Past Brides Help Myrtle Beach Wedding!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Past Brides Help Myrtle Beach Wedding! : Thank you so much I may be contacting you to do our hair or at least mine that day! Thanks for all the info!
    Posted by AmberMiller07[/QUOTE]

Sounds great I look forward to hearing from you 
  • edited May 2013
    Hello!

I was just married in Surfside Beach last weekend, and I have some good (and not so good) reviews for places.  We had our wedding and reception at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside, and it turned out great.  It would be a good and inexpensive location for a room block for out of town guests if you're interested.  Also, for hair, I wasn't sure where to go at first, so I did a quick google search and found Stephanie Inc Salon and Spa.  They were wonderful, caring and really did a great job with my hair and the bridesmaids.  I would definitely recommend them for day-of services.  Also, if you're looking for a DJ, Paul Matthews Entertainment was the best.  We had so, so many compliments on the music at our reception.  He also provides sound for beach ceremonies, which turned out awesome as well.  I'm open to questions, so please feel free to let me know if you need anything!  Good luck on your wedding planning!

• Hello. Where are you having your reception? I'm thinking about going with the whole package with Cynthia May 2014 with 50 people as well. I want something really nice. It's hard because I don't live in South Carolina so I can only go by pictures. Any extra information you can give me would help so much. I know she can have a few different locations for receptions. Are you having your reception at the Kingston place?
  • Hello ndorse000 i'm on  the same boat that you are in only thing is my wedding is not until 2016 but I think pictures says a 1000nds worlds . I feel having a all in one location is best costs wise. Make it the way you imagine it. Good luck and congratulations. 
  • Hey ndorse yes I think we decided to have the reception at Throughbreds but like you said im only going by pictures and she said its one of the nicer places to have it at with the choices she gave me. I asked about having the reception at kingston plantation, but it was alot of money with min food/beverage you have to spend. We are also staying at the Embassy Suits which is alot of money but I really want my hotel roomright where the wedding is and big enough for us girls to get ready in. So far thats all I can tell you but I will ay Cynthia has always answered all my questions and she really tries to choose thing that is within your budget.
  • Hello Bride to Be and Congratulations.  I am a wedding vendor in Myrtle beach and from my experience with weddings a DJ is definitely the way to go.  Many of them will set the mood for your entire event playing music while people are eating announcing you as Mr. and Mrs.  and going through the first dances as well as announcing all the typical events.  The price you quoted is quite reasonable for this area many charge the upwards of $1000.00.  

As far as your hair and possibly make up goes I offer that as one of my services if you are interested.  I charge $25.00 for hair and $25.00 for make up and do it on site as well as a trial run of both prior to your wedding.  If some of your bridal party members are opting for this service as well I offer discounts for the bride.  

I am not sure if you have already booked a photographer for your wedding, but that is my main occupation, I do the hair and make up for shoots at times and as an additional service for brides.  I am in the process of editing some wedding photos right now and should have them on my website within the next few weeks for viewing.  My event packages and prices are listed on the site as well as engagement sessions and trash the dress.  My event Packages start at $300.00 which is among one of the most reasonable photographer sin the area with a quality product.  

Phone: - 843-855-7159

E-mail: Kim_Roberts86@yahoo.com

I hope this information is helpful and if you need anything else please let me know I also have a boutique which custom designs centerpieces, jewelry, decorations, bridal party gifts and wedding accessories.  Weddings are a truly special event and I make it my business to make sure every client of mine gets superior treatment and a day to remember.  

Congratulations again Bride to Be and I hope to hear from you Smile

Hi!! Do you still offer hair & make up for $25 each? I am getting married in June & have been searching for someone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards