Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Please critique my menu

missmo14missmo14 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
edited January 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum

We are having our wedding reception at Maggiano's Las Vegas. We will be having a cocktail hour immediately after our ceremony at our ceremony venue then transporting guests to the reception. We have tried to put together a varied menu in the hope that most guests will find something that they wish to eat.

Appetizers - Hand Passed for 1 hour

Miniature Italian Meatballs
Spinach Phyllo Turnover
Asiago-Crusted Shrimp

Main Course - Served Family Style

Beef Medallions, Balsamic Cream Sauce
Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes & Basil
Four-Cheese Ravioli, Pesto Alfredo Sauce
Caesar Salad
Crispy Red Potatoes

Dessert Buffet

New York Style Cheesecake
Crème Brûlée
Tiramisu
Apple Crostada
Chocolate Zucotto Bites

The dessert buffet seems a bit excessive, but it will be miniature servings and Maggianos will allow us to take the left overs. What do you think?

ETA: Font went all crazy on me!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Please critique my menu

• Options
    First off, I love Maggiano's and had no idea there was one in Vegas or that you could get married there... awesome!!

The only thing I see missing is a more substantial vegetable besides salad.  If I were at that wedding, I would want some roasted asparagus or green beans to add to my Italian entrees.  And do you have anybody who follows a vegan diet or has gluten sensitivity?  The ravioli is a good vegetarian option, but keep in mind people with other dietary needs.

And I don't think the dessert bar is too much.  We're having a Viennese hour and it's basically the same idea, many options and small servings.  I love that kind of thing, so if you can afford it, go all out.  You can't have too much dessert imo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Ditto PP's feedback.

I would find out if the Ceasar dressing is made the traditional way (with anchovies).  If so, any vegetarian guests wouldn't be able to eat this.
  • Options
    At the tasting the caesar salad didnt have any anchovies or bacon. It was basically lettuce and parmesan with croutons and dressing. Still very yummy though.

Currently we have 1 vegetarian guest and Maggianos can prepare them a special meal - but thanks for the feedback on adding more veges.

I have asked for guests to notify of any dietary requirements and I can definitely get some asparagus as a side.

Thank you for your help.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    missmo14 said:
    At the tasting the caesar salad didnt have any anchovies or bacon. It was basically lettuce and parmesan with croutons and dressing. Still very yummy though. Currently we have 1 vegetarian guest and Maggianos can prepare them a special meal - but thanks for the feedback on adding more veges. I have asked for guests to notify of any dietary requirements and I can definitely get some asparagus as a side. Thank you for your help.
    Check about the dressing. . . . even if you didn't see anchovies in the salad. . . . if they are in the dressing they would be incorporated so finely that they aren't visible to the naked eye.  JIC for vegetarians!
  • Options
    Just curious, why are you having hand-passed apps at the reception venue after having a cocktail hour at the ceremony venue?  It seems like it would be like having 2 cocktail hours.  I would just start with a plated salad or appetizer, then go into entrees.
  • Options
    Sounds yummy!  Ditto PPs, I would have another veggie......green beans would be perfect.
  • Options
    @crazycatlady3 we are having passed appetizers because we will have an Elvis and Showgirls mingling with guests and taking pictures during that time. We didnt arrange for that during cocktail hour because most of our guests will be involved in family pictures (of our 40 guests - about 25 are immediate family). We will be going straight onto entrees after the appies though.

I agree with the idea to add something green... thanks for the feedback

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2014
    missmo14 said:
    @crazycatlady3 we are having passed appetizers because we will have an Elvis and Showgirls mingling with guests and taking pictures during that time. We didnt arrange for that during cocktail hour because most of our guests will be involved in family pictures (of our 40 guests - about 25 are immediate family). We will be going straight onto entrees after the appies though. I agree with the idea to add something green... thanks for the feedback
    Cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards