Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding on Flathead Lake.

I was wanting to do a wedding on flathead lake by renting a house and doing a backyard wedding. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on houses to rent on flathead lake in Montana. I've looked at a few on homeaway.com and my mom and me are going to check them out this summer. Just wanted to see if anyone had any input.

Re: Wedding on Flathead Lake.

• Options
    I thought about doing this but then decided we'd have too many people. I like vrbo.com to search for rental homes. They have a lot of filters and a lot of homes.
  • Options
    We considered doing this for our wedding, but ultimately decided against it because we couldn't find anything that worked for us at the price we wanted! Just remember when looking to consider parking and any nearby neighbors that may be bothered by a late night wedding! Also consider everything you will have to take care of yourself...tables, chairs, linens, tents, food and beverages and possible storage issues! You will also have to worry about being the ones to set everything up and take it all down! Just a few things to consider when looking at houses!! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto CnSinLOVE. If you decide against a house, check out Weddingwire.com for venue lists. They have more venues than you would think in that area. I have a list of about 8 to check out when we go back there next summer. 
  • Options
    thank you for your help! These websites are great!
  • Options
    SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    What did you end up going with, @schfer88? We're doing the exact same thing in July 2014. My FI grew up in Polson and we'll either be renting a lake house or "borrowing" a friend's backyard. It'll only be for the small ceremony (under 20, all family) as the reception is to follow at an east shore restaurant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards